CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

I WAS IN the office searching for a document in my desk when I got a message from Seye asking me why Kelvin wasn't at work. It took me by surprise because I expected him to be in his office. Since he got his car, we went to work separately and saw each other only at lunch breaks or weekends.

I dialed his number on my phone and smiled when I heard it ring, at least his phone wasn't off. It rang repeatedly but he didn't answer, I was growing anxious. Kelvin never missed work and if he wasn't in his office, it meant something was terribly wrong. I couldn't leave the office yet, so I waited till lunch break before getting my bag and driving to his house. I only needed to see if he was there and doing okay.

When I arrived at his house, I took the stairs and knocked on the door. The door parted on its own. Why wouldn't he lock his door? Things weren't adding up. I entered and went to the living room where Kelvin was laying on the couch, and he didn't notice my presence until I said his name.

"Kelvin. What's the matter? Why are you on your couch on a Tuesday morning?" I went to his side.

"I took the day off."

He sat straighter and I smiled in relief when I saw that he was fine.

"You should have informed us. Seye was worried, and I had to come here to see if everything was okay." I sat on a couch and relaxed.

"She left," Kelvin said and bent his head.

"Who left?" I asked. Who would he be talking about?

"Alex."

Oh. "To where?"

"She got a job outside of town and she took it."

"She can't do that. You guys are engaged."

"Not anymore apparently. We've been fighting a lot. She wanted to start planning the wedding, I told her we couldn't have one right now and she's been acting differently ever since. She told me today that she was leaving and I couldn't do or say anything to stop her."

"That's terrible. I'm so sorry." I joined him on the couch he was sitting and hugged him.

"I can't even repeat the terrible things she said to me." His head was on my shoulder and I patted his back, trying my best to console him.

"I'm sure she doesn't mean them. She was probably just hurt," I said.

"I'm not sure about that."

"Ssh, just relax," I said when he raised his head.

"I failed in my relationship."

"You didn't fail."

He hugged me tighter which caused my breasts to flatten against his chest. When his hand wandered from my back to my neck to hold my head still as he looked at me, I looked back and sucked in air when I felt his other hand brush my breast.

"I need you," Kelvin said and I could read the desperation in his voice.

I nodded in understanding, I could make him feel better. His mouth took mine and I let all inhibitions go as my body responded joyfully to his touch. He wasted no time in peeling the shirt off my back and he dragged me to his lap to get better access of my body. We were still on the couch and his mouth was already on one nipple while he awkwardly tried to take his pants off. When he realized he couldn't get his pants off without taking his mouth off my nipple, he dragged me up before placing me horizontally on the couch.

I watched him get rid of his clothes hastily before realizing I needed to be naked also. I took off my bra and skirt and left my panties on. Kelvin laid on top of me, his elbow by my side was holding most of his weight and his mouth took mine again. I soon got lost in his taste. He slipped my panties off and placed one of my legs on his shoulder. When he looked down at me, I could still see worry in his face. My hands behind his back slid to his buttock to guide his length into me and he moaned as I wrapped a leg around his waist causing him to fully be inside me.

He moved in and out of my slick wetness and I clung desperately to him as his mouth ravished my neck, I arched it to give him fuller access. Kelvin switched positions to give me full control to straddle him when he sat. I really didn't know how to make it work on the sofa but I put my whole into it because I knew it could be my last time with Kelvin. He helped by guiding me, placing his hands tightly on my waist as I rode him.

"Just like that," he moaned out in encouragement as I rocked forth and back.

My fingers dug into his back when I felt his finger rubbing on my clit, my body convulsed and I shuddered as I came. He held my waist tighter as he was about to come, not giving me any chance to recover and I rode him faster until I heard him scream out my name. I got up from his lap as he slid out of me and sat on the chair. I spotted a box of tissue and cleaned myself as I caught my breath. My clothes were on the floor and hastily put them on. I checked my wristwatch and realized I needed to be back at the office.

"That wasn't meant to happen," Kelvin said still naked on the couch.

"What?" I couldn't believe he said that. I probably didn't hear right.

"I meant you have a boyfriend and this shouldn't have happened."

"I do not have a boyfriend. I've told you this repeatedly, but you know what? It doesn't matter, this was just pity sex anyway."

It felt like the last time all over again, but I was the one getting furious this time. I got my bag and shoes and walked barefoot to the door.

"Fatimah," Kelvin called at my retreating back, but I didn't look back as I shut the door.

I drove to the office and angrily wiped tears off my face as they fell. I got to the office and hid in my cubicle. I remembered to text Seye, so I informed her that Kelvin was okay but heartbroken over his girlfriend leaving him. She didn't have to worry too much about him. I didn't read her reply and when I saw Kelvin's call, I switched off my phone and found something to work on. I succeeded in shutting my mind out to every other thing as I concentrated on the work in front of me.