- one

why is it so cold?

i wondered to myself as i stepped out of my house.

the wind hit my face, and i pulled my hood over my head and continued walking.

i didn't know where i was going, nor where i wanted to go. i just knew i wanted to get away from home.

anywhere but home.

i stopped walking when i finally caught a glimpse of a pastel-lit sign for a nearby cafe.

it read, "loner's club".

i was a loner for the time being, and so far, it was the only option i had besides letting myself freeze to death.

taking those two conditions into account, i walked into the cafe, taking a seat at the bar area. i ordered a coffee, and after paying, surprisingly i still had some money left to spare.

i shoved the change into my hoodie pocket, along with my hands in attempt to warm them up while i waited for my coffee.

the bell hanging from the cafe door rang. i looked at the door to see a boy about my age walk through the door.

he smiled at me.

i turned back around in my chair, not knowing what to do, as i'm usually awkward in these type of situations.

he sat down in the seat next to me at the bar. he leaned his head on his hand and looked over at me.

i looked up to meet his gaze.

boy, was he gorgeous.

i stared into his eyes for a solid five seconds before shifting my gaze back down at my hands.

and boy, was he making me nervous.

"hey." he uttered, smiling at me once again, slightly adjusting his head's position in his hand.

"hi." i said, a little bit confused at the sudden strike of conversation.

"what's your name?" he asked. i could see his bright smile through the corner of my eyes.

"kim sooyoung."

"that's a pretty name." he said, changing his position to order a coffee before turning to me again, still smiling.

"what's yours?" i asked.

"me? i'm na jaemin."