- fourteen

soon enough, hani parked her car outside of a cafe. the sign read, "the loner's club"

"why did we get all dressed up just to go to a coffee shop?" i asked hani, glaring at her.

"would you relax? this isn't where we're going, silly." she teased, opening her car door and getting out. i sighed, unbuckling my seatbelt and getting out with her.

"if this isn't where you're actually taking me, then why are we here?" i sassed.

"sweetie, this is only the appetizer. we'll get to the meal later." she reached out her hand for me, so i took it, following her into the shop. she must've seen the look i was giving her, as she cleared up her statements. "i mean, this isn't the main attraction. you know, it's not the main event." she sighed as i wasn't really getting the point. "it's just the start of the fun!"

"wow. someone's pressed." i said, sitting down at a booth.

"jeez, you're so annoying. i just wanted some coffee before we actually went on our adventure." she retorted.

"you know you love me." i said with a smile, watching her get up from the table.

"whatever." she snapped. "i'm going to the bathroom. i'll be right back."

i mumbled a small "alright", looking at her walk away from our table. i reached into my small purse and pulled out my phone. just as i was about to text someone, i caught a glimpse of two boys sitting down in front of me. i looked up from my phone, seeing one boy that i knew, and one that i didn't.

"hey! i saw you from our table over there, and i wanted to say hi." he pointed to the opposite side of the diner.

"hey jaemin! it's funny, i feel like i'm going to see you every time i come here now." i said, smiling. 

"oh, hey, how are the boys? have you texted all of them yet?" he asked, resting his face in his hand.

"yeah, i have! they're all really nice and funny." i told him. i suddenly felt a little bit awkward with his friend just sitting there, listening to us talk, and not even knowing who i was. "jaemin, who's your friend?" i asked.

"oh, that's mark."