- seventeen

ouch.

again, my head was throbbing. i tried to sit up, but i bumped my head on a metal bar.

double ouch.

i rubbed my forehead in pain and looked around the room i was in. above me was the top bunk of a bunk bed, hence why i smacked my head trying to sit up.

i continued to scan the room, finding a digital clock that read, "2:00 am".

ugh. it's too early for this.

being careful not to hit my head again, i sat up and got out of the bed. i slowly opened the door of the bedroom and entered the hallway.

my throat hurts.

i ventured through a couple flights of stairs, wandering through the house a bit before finding the kitchen. i opened the fridge to try and find something to drink. i did find something, but it had a sticky note on it that was labeled, "property of mark lee. do not touch."

figuring it was better not to drink that, i searched through the cupboards for a cup. once i found a rather sparkly disney princess cup, i got out a water pitcher from the fridge that had been sitting on its shelf next to mark's drink.

"what are you doing?" a voice whisper-yelled from behind my ear, just as i was about to pour my water.

"aH!" i yelped, probably loud enough for jupiter to hear. "jesus, don't scare me like that!" i turned around and slapped donghyuck on the shoulder. "would you mind telling me where we are?" i asked the boy infront of me.

"wouldn't you like to know?" he sassed.

"just tell me, will you?" i pleaded.

"we're at my house." he simply stated, grabbing the cup and pitcher from my hands. he poured some water in the cup, and just as i think he's about to hand it to me, he takes a sip.

"ahh, perfect. i just needed to make sure it wasn't poisoned." he smirked and handed the cup back to me. i sent it on the counter behind me, annoyed. i sure as hell wasn't going to drink his dirty spit water.

i took this moment to ask him something serious. "now that we're both here, can you please tell me why you were upset the other day?"

"what are you talking about? i'm perfectly fine?" he almost stuttered on his words, but just barely made it through his sentence.

"are you sure? i don't want to find out later that someone died or something, okay?" i asked him, waiting to see if he was okay to talk about it.

"no, nobody died. i'm fine, but thanks for your concern." he walked toward the living room and sat down on the couch, me following close behind. i plopped down next to him, bouncing the couch as i sat.

"i'm glad you're okay." i smiled as i rested my head on his shoulder.

"hey, quit with all that sappy shit. i just want to go to sleep." he murmured.

"cowards."

donghyuck and i looked up to see mark leaning against the hallway opening, crossing his arms.

"dude, don't scare me like that!" i said, just above a whisper.

"if you get scared you know donghyuck is always there to protect you." mark sang in a teasing tone.

"mark, get out." donghyuck ordered. mark scoffed, saying one last thing before he left the room.

"get a room."

-
wow it's been a hot minute since i've posted. i'm sorry about the 4 day wait, my phone was being sO fUn and just deciding to die while charging at 100% and not turning on for 36 hours which is sO gReAt.

anyways, thanks for 200 reads! i hope you're enjoying the book so far!