- thirty four

"have a nice day!" the worker yelled as donghyuck and i left the shop together.

"donghyuck, our backpacks." i reminded him, tapping his arm lightly.

"we can always come back and get them later." he said, brushing away my hand.

"no we can't! i cant just leave my stuff there unattended! there's valuables in there!" i whacked his hand, the one that brushed mine off, and he winced in pain.

"fine, gosh, we can get our bags! just don't hit me, please. that hurts." he pouted and rubbed his hand. we rounded the corner into the alleyway.

"oh be quiet, you big baby. just chill out for once!" i exclaimed right as we got to the spot to where we left our bags.

there was just one problem.

our backpacks were gone.

donghyuck's eyes widened when he saw the empty spot that laid right where we left them.

leaning down, i spotted a note being held down by a heavy rock. i picked it up, reading it carefully.

sorry! i really needed the extra money! and i'm sure you can live without it. it's only a couple hundred. how many babysitting jobs did that take you?

i kid, i kid.

but seriously, i'm in desperate need of some cash right now. i could make some extra selling your school supplies too! plus it'll be a fun way to learn never to mess with me again :)

hugs and kisses,
- moon taeil

to say the least, i was mortified.

all of my extra cash that i would spend on merely surviving was now in the hands of someone else. how the hell was i supposed to get around?

all my babysitting money, all that hard work walking people's dogs and mowing lawns was now turned to shit.

what was i supposed to do now?