- forty one

i get back to chenle's house after he takes me out to eat at his favorite restaurant. he had been begging me all week to let him show it to me, and now that he finally did, he was beyond happy.

he tossed his keys on his kitchen island and guided me upstairs. he led me into his room again, but once we got inside, he turned around to face me.

"since we know what happened last time, i'm letting you sleep in this room." he said, opening a door from inside his room that led to another bedroom.

"thank you for letting me still stay here. i don't know what i'd do without you." i told him, smiling.

"you'd probably be on some random nature documentary trying to make money to buy yourself a lunch for that day." chenle said.

"wow, thanks. i'm not quite sure what that means but it didn't sound too exciting." i retorted.

"it felt oddly natural to say." chenle said. after a few seconds of silence, he opened his arms for a hug. of course, i accepted his embrace and we stayed connected for a while. he rested his cheek on the top of my head and squeezed me tighter. "in all seriousness, i don't know what i would do without you, sooyoung."

"what are you talking about? i almost feel bad for making you give up your home for me to stay in." i replied, adjusting my arms around him.

"are you kidding? this place is big enough for you to live here forever. in fact, i wouldn't mind that." he rubbed my back a little before finally letting go of me. he fixed my hair and put his hands on my shoulders.

"would you really let me do that?" i asked, as he pushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

"of course. i really love having you here, sooyoung. it's way less lonely." he smiled, a little hint of pain seeping through his emotion.

"thank you." i hugged him briefly again and let go, starting to walk away. he grabbed me by my arm before i could make it too far.

"go get that man of yours, okay? it's kind of sickening to see you two lovebirds so oblivious of each other's feelings all the time." he laughed.

"will do, cap'n." i headed for my room again and closed the door. i laid down on the bed, grabbed my phone, and started texting.

me
hey

me
i have something to tell you

donghyuck
i have something to tell you too

me
okay what is it?

donghyuck
you first

me
no you first

donghyuck
no you

me
no you

chenle
if you guys are going to do this now, at least take me out of the chat

donghyuck
ew chenle get lost

donghyuck removed chenle

donghyuck
ok i think we're good