- twenty four

i spent the night at chenle's. i figured i'd better start getting used to it since i don't know how often hani is going to try to pull a stunt like this.

in the morning, i woke up on the floor next to chenle's bed. i heard his mother's voice from downstairs.

"chenle sweetie, it's time to get ready for school!" her voice was loud. very loud. "i made some breakfast for you!!!!" she yelled. her voice only got louder, signaling she was getting closer to his room. she knocked on the door, then opened it. "chenle sweetie- oH MY GOD CHENLE, A GIRL!!!" she screamed, dropping the orange juice onto the white carpet.

chenle sleepily sat up from his bed and looked at me, who was sitting with my knees to my chest on the floor, a blanket curled up in my hands. i nervously looked back at him with a small awkward smile.

"chenle..." his mom started to say.

"mom, it's not what you think."

"chenle. it's okay if you're gay." i could almost hear chenle choke.

"i'm not gay!" chenle denied, his cheeks turning red from embarrassment.

"chenle, i know for a fact that you aren't going to bring a girl home. you're not even sleeping in the same bed!" his mom continued.

"that doesn't mean i'm gay!" chenle still argued.

"then who is this?" she asked, pointing at me.

i laughed nervously. "hello, i'm sooyoung." i said.

mrs. zhong gasped. "so you're dating my chenle?"

wha-
i never said-

"she's not my girlfriend!" chenle yelled. i faintly heard chenle also whisper "gosh, you're so bipolar."

"chenle, the only friend you have is jaemin, so there's no way she's your friend."

"if i was gay, you would think she's my friend anyway, because there's no way she'd be my girlfriend!" chenle had a good point, but his mom still didn't seem to understand.

"so you're gay?" his mom asked again.

"mom, get out!" chenle threw a pillow at her as she closed the bedroom door.

"just know i still love and support you!" chenle's mom screamed through the closed door.

chenle sighed and facepalmed, then turned to me.

"i'm so sorry about her."