- twenty

"donghyuck?" my voice started to shake, as i realized how hard it was to ask for this favor.

after a moment of silence, he finally answered. "hello?"

i looked at my brother in shock, for some reason not expecting donghyuck to answer, to which he motioned for me to say something. quickly, i spat out my words. "donghyuck, are you free?"

i guess it sounded more like a date-type of a question than i wanted it to, as my brother facepalmed as soon as i said it.

"whoa, slow down, are you okay?" he asked, sounding worried for me.

"uhm, yeah." i answered, consciously slowing down my words, thinking about what i wanted to say next. "i uh, i have to get out of my house and i don't want to bother hani, so i need to know if it's okay to come over."

"uhh, you know, i would totally let you, but i'm really busy. i have a lot of school work, and if i can't entertain you while you're here.... you know, i just don't want to bore you, that's all."

i played with the hoodie i was wearing, only now realizing it was his.

"it's fine! really, i don't have to be entertained. you can do your school work, and i won't bother you. please?" i pleaded.

"i don't really think that's a good idea." he started, slowly, before clearing his statement up quickly. "y-you know, with my parents being out of town and all. you already stayed over last night, and it wouldn't be fair to have you over longer without telling them. they're going to be mad at me anyways for having people stay here without them knowing."

i was about to counter his statement with another plead, when i heard something bang on my brother's bedroom door.

guess what it was.

"KIM SOOYOUNG, ARE YOU STILL HERE!?" the voice of my angry mother cried. "YOUR SLUTTY SELF BETTER BE OUT OF THIS HOUSE WHEN I WALK INTO THIS ROOM IN 5....."

"donghyuck please!" i begged.

"i'm sorry, i don't know what i can do!" his voice sounded panicked now. he probably heard my mother's screams.

"4...."

"just go through my window!" my brother offered, clearly scared about the consequences i could face. i sighed deeply.

i guess it's now or never.

"3...."

i stuck my cell in my hoodie pocket and opened the window.

"this better work." i mumbled, looking down at the ground, which now seemed like a mile away.

"2...."

securing my eyes on the grass, making sure i don't end up hurting myself, i jump from the window.

"1...." i hear faintly from upstairs as i reach the ground. the door slammed open and from outside, i saw jeongin quickly shut the window and sit back down on the bed. i watched as my mother slowly inched towards him, asking where i was.

from there, all i heard was "that bitch!" and i was off running. as i ran, i took my phone out of my pocket to see it displaying a blank screen.

donghyuck hung up on me.

not knowing where to go, i stopped running when i reached a street corner near a grocery store. i slid my back down the side wall of a 7-eleven. i rested my head in my hands and attempted to catch my breath.

as if on cue, my phone started vibrating again.

looking at the display name, i realized; it wasn't donghyuck calling, it was chenle.

i picked up the call and placed my phone to my ear.

"chenle?" i asked, still mildly out of breath from my long run.

"i heard you needed a place to stay."

-

gUYS ITS LELE'S BIRTHDAYYYYY

also thank you for 300 reads !!

i hope you all have a lovely day :))