Chapter Seven

Mitch's POV

I didn't mean to be mean to the squid. I was only mean to him when I was around Sky so he wouldn't think badly of me. He must be pretty confused now because I had just bumped into him and helped him pick up his books that had fell. Hey don't yell at me. I can't loose one of my friends cause I'm friends with someone he doesn't like. Wait that just sounded like he was telling me who to like. Maybe I should rethink this.

"Earth to Mitch!" Jerome said from behind me.

"We have to go to gym come on!" He said.

I had gym with Emily and Amy. When I walked in I saw Emily run into the bathroom. She always does this before we run the mile. Curious I put my head up to the door.

"Hey Emily!" I heard someone say.

"What Felicity?" Emily said.

"Running the mile? I suggest you don't. Maybe you'll have an asthma attack!" She laughed.

"You should get back to class. Don't want you to get in trouble do we?" She said

"No I want you to get in trouble nerd!" The girl I'm guessing who's name was Felicity said.

"Bye Fe Fe!" She said

"Bye Nerd!" Felicity said.

Emily came out first and she bumped into me.

She blushed but then got tense again.

"You didn't h-" she started to say

"How many people know?" I asked

"One" she said

"Who is that?" I asked

"You" she said

"I won't tell anyone" I said

"Good" she said with pain in her voice.

She got up and her legs wobbled.

"Why are you shaking?" I said

"My inhaler makes my heart go faster because when I run it gets slower because I can't breath." She said sadly

"Oh." I said looking down.

Amy's POV

Emily walked back in with Mitch legs shaking as usual. But with Mitch? Coincidence? I don't think so. Mitch went with Jerome and Emily walked over to me.

"Why were you with Mitch?" I asked.

"I ran into him when I was getting out of the bathroom" she said.

"Oh." I said. "We better head out to the track."

"Okay," she said and we went out onto the track. Our gym teacher, Mrs. Anderson, was standing by the be benches so we stood by her.

"Howdy girls! How are you today?" she smiled.

"I'm good."

"Same," Emily smiled back.

"Did you already-"

"Yes ma'am, I'm ready to run for the most part," Emily stated. Mrs. Anderson nodded as Mitch and Jerome walked up to us.

"How are you guys?"

Mitch's POV

"I'm great," I lied. First, my 'friend' bosses me around, then I'm a very confusing guy to Squid, but worst of all I find out Emily's being bullied!

"Amazing!" Jerome grinned.

"Well, I believe everyone is ready," Mrs. Anderson said. We walked to the starting point and she signaled us. "Go!"

Jerome and I stayed at a steady pace and he started talking.

"What do you think about that squid?"

"He's cool."

"Yeah, he's nice. I wonder why Sky said to not like him."

"I don't know," I said, looking up from my feet. I saw Emily and Amy were a few feet ahead of us. Felicity was slowly sprinting to the right of us.

"Hey Jerome! Hello Mitch," she smiled. She passed us and caught up to Amy and Emily. I felt my legs move faster. Then, I saw a terrible thing: Emily fell! But the worst part: Felicity pushed her. I ran even faster and picked her up.

"Mitch!"

I sprinted to Mrs. Anderson, but she nodded me on so I went inside to the nurse's office. Emily didn't move an inch.