Chapter 8

We were back at the hotel. Seth and I ordered pizza. Of course when it got here, we put it in the freezer.

Dean and Roman were already asleep.

We put on the Resident Evil video game and played that for a while. I got a text from AJ.

Hey C, what's up?

I returned her text.

Nothin much. Hangin with Seth.

She answered back pretty quickly.

Is this innocent 'hanging out'?

I rolled my eyes.

"Who ya texting?" He asked.

"AJ." I said.

"Isn't her wedding in a few weeks?" He asked.

"2 and a half." I said.

I looked back at my phone.

It's as innocent as you want it to be.

Actually, I kinda want it to be uninnocent.

I looked at my phone confusingly.

Huh?

I texted back. She wanted me and Seth to sneak around? What was this? Who the hell was I talking to. It was NOT AJ.

Well, you guys are adorable.

Really now? I can't believe we're having this conversation. I mean, he's sitting right next to me.

I looked over at Seth.

"Hey, what time is it?" he asked.

I looked at my phone, "About 11." I said.

"Let's go for a late night swim." He said.

"The pool's closed." I said.

"And?" He asked.

I was tempted, "I'll get the guys." I said.

"Or we could go just us." He said. "It'll be more fun. Roman and Dean are buzz kill."

I bit my lip. I was tempted. "I'll go get my bathing suit."

Yes, the pool was closed, but that wasn't stopping us.

I changed into my bathing suit and grabbed my phone. We went down to the lobby and snuck out the door. We found the pool.

"How are we gonna get in?" I asked.

"Come on." He grabbed my hand and brought me to the gate. "Step in my hands." He said. I stepped in and he boosted me up, giving me a little pat on the butt to boost me higher. Yes....it was awkward.

"I can't believe we're doing this." I said.

He jumped over and threw his shirt off. I took off my cover up to reveal my bathing suit.

He grabbed my hand, "Let's jump in." He said.

"Can't." I said. He gave me a confused look. "I have to ease into it." Now he looked at me like I was stupid. Then he picked me up bridal style and brought me over to the edge.

I wiggled out of his grasp and ran. He chased me around the pool. We laughed and laughed. He finally caught me from behind. He wrapped his arms around my waist, lifting me.

"NO! NO!" I screamed.

"Shhh." He said.

He simply threw me into the pool. I came back to the surface and spit out water. My hair was all in my face. He laughed and got in with me. He came over to me. He pushed my hair out of my eyes.