Chapter 10

Dean and I cuddled all day. We were lazy in bed and I finally got myself up to explain what happened.

I say up and leaned against the pillows. He layed, looking up at me.

"Seth and I were in the breakfast room and we were alone. We were eating and talking and then we saw Randy and Dave." I said.

Dean's expression turned angry, "Did they touch you?" He asked.

"No. Seth protected me. But they said that if they win at Payback, they're gonna come looking for me after the match and give me what I deserved." I said. "And I'm just scared. I have faith in you guys and all, but what if they're sore losers and they come after me?" I asked.

He loosened up a little bit. "Okay. Listen, we're gonna get through this. We have to stay calm though. Don't worry babe. I'm gonna squash Orton's head for you."

I smiled, "Thank you." I said.

We stayed there for most of the day. At about 1 in the afternoon, Dean got a random idea.

"Let's go out by the pool. You need to get your mind off of things." He said, "You brought a bikini?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Yes!" He said to himself. "Seeing you in a bikini. I can just picture it now." He said.

He got Seth and Roman and we all went down to the pool.

I sat on the edge and put my feet in. I wasn't in the mood to get in the pool.

Dean came to sit by me. "Come on babe. You gotta here up. I hate seeing you like this." He said.

"I know. I'm sorry. I'm just....bummed out. Ya know?" I asked.

"Babe, I won't let anyone hurt you. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you the other night. I...."

"It wasn't your fault, Dean. You were knocked out. I can't possibly blame you for something you had no affect over." I said. "Besides, I was the one that jumped on Randy."

"Yeah, to try and save me." Roman said from behind. "Which means it's my fault."

"It's not. Guys, stop blaming yourselves. Do you guys blame yourselves when you get hurt?" I asked.

"Well, I actually did spear Dean once." Roman said.

"That's beside the fact." I said.

"You're different Charlie." Dean said, "We all care so much about you and are really protective over you. We just want to keep you safe." Dean said.

I smiled. "Thanks. You guys are the best."

Dean smirked, "Now, get in the damn pool." He said.

"Yes sir!" I said, laughing. I eased into it and walked around. "How about we have a little contest?" I asked. The guys all turned their attention to me. "Swimming from this side of the pool to the other. Whose up for it?" I asked.

"I'll take you up on that challenge, baby doll." Rome said. He got into the pool and stood next to me. "Why don't we make this a little more interesting?" He said.

I crossed my arms. "I'm listening." I said.

"If I win....hmmmm......" He thought.

"You have to give us feet massages." Dean suggested.

Roman nodded in agreement.

"And if I win?" I asked.

"What do you want?" Roman asked.

"If I win....you guys all have to.....read The Fault In Our Stars and see the movie with me." I said.

Dean's face dropped, "Roman if you lose this, I'll kill you." He threatened.

Roman smirked and held out his hand, "It's a deal, baby doll."

I nodded and shook his hand.

"Okay," Dean got up and stood at the end. "On your mark, get set, go."

Roman failed to know that I was on the swim team all four years of high school and was the fastest swimmer on the team. I swam to the other side and back.

Roman was pretty fast, but not fast enough.

"Better get reading, boys." I said. "Movie's comin in theaters soon."

Roman's jaw dropped, "Did you cheat?" I quickly shook my head. He looked at his teammates, "Did she really......." They nodded before he could finish. He looked back at me, "I want a rematch."

"Oh sorry, Rome. I totally would give you a rematch. It's just that, you gotta start reading that book." I said.

The boys all groaned. I just laughed. Making them read this book is probably the best thing I've ever done.

"How'd you swim so fast anyway?" Dean asked.

"I may or may not have been the fastest swimmer on the swim team in high school." I said, smiling, "All four years." I added.

He gave me a looks. I raised my hands up in defense. "You guys made the bet." I said.

Roman chuckled, "I guess you're right. But I'll get you back for it." He said.

We swam for a little while and then went back up to the room.

"So, shall we get dinner?" Dean asked.

"It's 5:00." I said.

"So, I can eat early." He said.

I laughed, "Oh, my mom wants me to go home next week for my birthday. It's sort of a big deal." I said.

"What about the day I planned for us?" He asked.

"Aw Dean, I totally forgot." I said, "I'm sorry."

He looked kinda hurt, but nodded. "It's fine." He said quietly.

"Dean?"

"Really, it's fine." He said, "I just wanted to make the day special, ya know?"

"Dean, I can call my parents and say I can't go. It's not that big of a deal." I said.

He gave me a look, "Two seconds ago you said, 'It's sort of a big deal.'"

"Not to me. To them. I wanna stay with you." I said.

He shook his head, "Naw kid, go see your family." He said.

I nodded, "Okay. I have to drive to Topeka. That should take a few hours. Um.....I guess I'll head out next Wednesday." I said.

He nodded and pulled me in for a hug. "I'll miss you." He said.

"Come with me." I said.

"I can't babe. I have live shows all next week." He said.

"Oh." I said sadly. "Okay."

So I guess I was going home in a week. Home.....that should be interesting.