Chapter 9

I rolled around in bed. Dean was laying on his stomach. I looked at my phone. Missed texts from AJ. I forgot to text her back.

Well, ya know.

Charlie!

Hey C?

Why aren't you answering me back?

I'm getting worried. The fact that you're with Seth and no one else is awake and you're not texting me back is not reassuring.

CHARLIE!

You're sleeping with him right now aren't you?

These texts were all from last night. She must be so worried.

I took a selfie of me and Dean's weird sleeping body and texted it to her.

This is proof that I did not sleep with Seth.

I put my phone on the bedside table and walked into the bathroom. I had a slight stomach ache. I guessed it was because of all that cold pizza.

I walked into the main room. Rome was on the couch, watching TV. Hey, at least I could avoid another awkward moment with Seth. I've already embarrassed myself enough.

"Hey Rome." I said as I plopped down next to him on the couch.

"Hey baby doll." He said.

"Speaking of nicknames." I started, "I need a better one for Dean."

"Why don't you just call him Deany like the fangirls?" He asked.

"I just can't imagine myself calling him that. It's not my style." I said.

"What if you call him your romantic scumbag?" He asked.

"What if I call him my love able jerk?" I asked.

"I like it." Roman said. "So, where were you and Seth last night?"

My eyes widened, "What do you mean?" I asked.

He smiled, "Nice try. You weren't here when I came out of my room to get a glass of water." He said.

"We snuck into the pool." I said.

"Well thanks for not letting me in on the fun." He said.

"Sorry. We were waiting for our pizza to get cold." I said.

He rolled his eyes, "You two are weird." He said.

"Rome, Ninja and I are not weird, we're unique." I said.

"BOO!"

I screamed.

I turned around to see Seth in laughter. I threw a pillow at him. "Asshole!"

He just laughed and placed the pillow back on the couch.

"I'm goin down to the breakfast room for breakfast. Join me?" He asked us.

"Naw, I'm gonna hang out here and wait for JoJo to call me back." He said.

"Awe, you talked to little JoJo? I wanna meet her." I said.

"I know you do, baby doll. And you will." He said.

JoJo was Rome's adorable little girl. I wanted to meet her so bad. He's told me all about her cuteness.

"C?" Seth asked me, referring to if I wanted to go to breakfast.

"I'm not exactly dressed." I said, looking down at my pajamas.

"Neither am I. There's no one down there this early. Come on." He said.

Ugh. "Okay." I said.

I walked with him down to breakfast. We got some pancakes and sat down at a table.

"So, ready for your match on Sunday?" I asked.

"More ready than ever. I can't believe you got banned from ringside." He said.

"But you guys will come out for my match right? All of you?" I asked.

It was usually just Dean.

"Sure." He said.

"Good, I want you guys all there to see me retain my championship." I said.

"Youngest Divas Champion, huh?" He asked.

"Yup!" I said, "It's pretty great."

I saw Randy Orton and Batista come into the breakfast room. We were the only ones there. Randy spotted me and motioned at our table. I saw Batista and Randy walking this way.

"Um....Seth?" I pointed and got up from my chair in fear. Seth quickly got up and stepped in front of me.

"What do you want?" Seth asked.

"You think you're gonna pin me, Seth? News flash Rollins, you can't protect her forever." Randy said.

"She has nothing to do with this. Just leave her alone, okay?" He said.

"And why is it you? Where's her little boyfriend, Ambrose?" Batista asked.

"Ya know, I've seen you two around." Randy said, "It looks to me as if Charlie's been spending more time with you than her own fiancée. Is there something going on here?" Randy asked.

"Randy, get the hell out of here. Charlie and I are friends. That's all." He said.

"I could care less about you. And I could care less about her." Batista said, "This Sunday, you better bring everything you've got. Because guess what, after she watches you three get battered and beaten, we're gonna go backstage and we're gonna find her. And when we do, we're gonna give her what she deserves."

I froze in fear. They backed away and left the breakfast room.

Seth turned to me. "Don't listen to a word they say, Charlie."

"Can we go back up to the room?" I asked.

He nodded. We went back up to the room. I ran into my room I shared with Dean and softly tapped him. A tear strolled down my cheek.

"Babe?" I asked through sobs.

His eyes shot open once he heard the fear in my voice. He instantly sat up when he saw my tears.

"I need you." I said.

He didn't say a word. He scooted over and held the covers up for me. I slid in under them and cuddled up to his chest.

"It's okay. It's okay. Whatever it is, you're gonna be fine." He whispered, "I love you." He kissed the side of my head.

And I just layed there with him. I hung onto him. I felt safe and protected. I never wanted to let go.