Chapter 30

*Dean's POV*

I knocked quietly on her door. She opened it looking beautiful as always.

"Come in." She said in her little sweet voice.

"Hello Dean." AJ said from another room.

"Hey AJ!" I replied. "Ready to go?" I asked the beautiful woman standing in front of me.

She nodded shyly, "Yeah."

I drove her to a little restaurant. This wasn't particularly a date. I mean...we weren't together anymore.

"This is just two friends enjoying a meal. Nothing weird at all." She said and I agreed, although I was desperate to tell her she looked beautiful and to kiss her sweetly.

I wanted her to know that I loved her, but I honestly just couldn't be with her. Not with everything. I'm willing to give her up if that means keeping her safe.

"Fried shrimp bucket, please." She said to the waiter in her cutest little voice.

The waiter chuckled and smiled at her. "Coming right up, ma'am." I felt anger rush in me. "And for you, sir?" He asked.

"Ya know, it's funny. Last time I was here, I don't remember seeing a waiter who flirted with every girl he saw." I said before thinking.

"Dean!" Charlie whispered in surprise, 'Stop!' She mouthed to me.

I turned my attention back to the waiter. "You're lucky I don't blow your head off right here, right now."

"Excuse me sir. I'm just doing my job." The waiter said in a tone that said he didn't give a damn who I was.

"Do you have any idea who you're talking to?" I started to rise from my seat, but was kicked in the leg by Charlie.

"Sorry bout him. He's grumpy." Charlie said to the waiter.

He smiled at her again and anger rose in me. When the waiter was gone, I turned to Charlie.

"What the hell is your problem?" She asked.

"My problem? That jerk was totally checking you out." I snapped.

"By smiling at me? By being polite?"

"It was a little more than polite." He said.

"You're overreacting!" She yelled in my face.

"Overreacting? Charlie, he had his eyes on you." I said in defense.

"And so what if he was?" She shouted.

"No one's gonna look at my girl like that." I yelled back.

We were receiving weird looks from the other people in the restaurant, but I ignored them.

"Your girl? Wow. I didn't know I was a possession."

"You're mine." I told her. "No matter what, you'll always be mine."

"Oh so what, you break up with me and you still want to claim me as yours? That's not fair, Dean." She snapped.

"Life's not fair, sweetie." I found myself being extremely rude to her. Ever since we broke up, I had this big jealousy rage going on with every guy who even got a glimpse of her.

"I'm not yours, Dean. I never was." She said before she quickly left the table.

"Charlie, come back here." I ordered.

She started running away.

I ran after her, "CHARLIE!"

She ran outside and took off down the sidewalk. She ran straight into the road.

"CHARLIE!"

It was too late. The loud sound echoed in my brain. The car screeched to a stop. I ran over. I looked down at the ground to see the girl I loved soaked in blood. Lifeless.