Chapter 24

Author's POV

"Charlie? You feeling better?" AJ asked as Charlie walked out the bathroom.

"No." Charlie said. Her eyes were stained with tears and her head was hung low.

"I'm so sorry. I never expected this to happen." AJ said.

Charlie shrugged, "Me neither." She wiped any remnants of tears on her face. "I don't even know why I'm so upset. As far as I know, I barely know the guy."

"Dean's just confused." AJ said. "I'm sure he'll regret this. He'll come back to you, C. I know he will. He loves you."

Charlie buried her face in her hands. "I just wanna get my stupid memory back so everything can stop being so hard."

"Listen sweetie," AJ said softly, "whatever happens happens. You can't beat yourself up over something you have no control over."

Charlie nodded. "I'm gonna go for a walk." She said sadly. "Alone."

AJ nodded slightly. "Be safe girly."

Charlie gave her a hug and then walked out the door.

Dean's POV

What had I just done? I loved her. I loved her more than anything else. And I just bailed on her.

"Hey Dean!" I heard Roman call out. I turned around to see him jogging up. "Hey man, where's Charlie?"

I gave him a doubtful look and a frown appeared on his face. "What happened?" He asked.

I didn't say a word. I opened up my hand to reveal the ring that was in it. Roman's eyes widened. He took the ring from my hand and shook his head slightly. With that, I walked away.

Roman's POV

I watched as Dean walked away. What the hell? This was Charlie's and Dean's engagement ring. So why was it in my hand and not on her finger?

I needed......I needed to find Charlie.

Charlie's POV

I walked down the corridor. I just needed some time to think that's all. Some alone time.

I felt tears threaten to pour again. I looked around the corridor. No one was around. I exploded. I screamed as loud as I could and fell to the ground. I started beating on the ground with full force.

I saw a bucket of stuff. I picked it up and hurled it towards the wall. I pushed a cart over spilling tons of things on the ground. I screamed again. My hands were yanking at my hair. Before I could fall to the ground, I felt myself being held still.

I looked up to see Roman. I couldn't control myself. I tried to wiggle from his grasp. He wouldn't let me go. I tried to pound on his chest, but he only brought me in closer for me to cry on his shoulder.

"What's going on?" Roman asked.

Tears poured and I buried my face in his chest. I cried and cried.

"He broke me, Roman. He broke my heart." I cried.

"What happened baby girl?" He asked.

"He told me I was better off without him." I said.

Roman sighed, "Please don't tell me you two broke up."

"He said he couldn't hurt me anymore." I said. "But he hurt me even worse."

"Come on." Roman said, tugging me along. "Come with me."