Chapter 36

Unfortunately, while I got my memory back, I also missed some things. AJ and Punk's wedding. My own 20th birthday. AJ's return.

It was the middle of the summer and I was missing everything.

Tonight was Monday Night Raw July 14, 2014.

John Cena, Roman Reigns, and Dean were taking on Seth, Kane, and Randy Orton. Seth was Mr. Money in the Bank and Dean had been doing whatever possible to prevent Seth from getting those titles.

I was the Divas Champion and had been out of action for months. I'm surprised they haven't decided to strip me of the title.

I was still with Dean on screen, but of course, was injured. Also, Dean and Roman weren't exactly partners anymore. They both went their separate ways, but their brotherhood would never end. They still traveled together, roomed together,........and got drunk together.

I turned my attention to the TV screen backstage.

Roman and Cena were having one of their usual petty fights. Then....Dean came on the screen. He was doing his promo from backstage, but I couldn't recognize where.

"Guys, guys, guys..." Dean said as the crowd went wild. Roman and John turned their attention to the titantron to see Dean. "Alright, I understand the whole testosterone driven competitiveness that's goin on right now, but enough of this whole prettiest girl at the dance argument routine you got goin on right now, okay? Cause we ain't dancing tonight boys," he said, resuming to his classic duck face, "we're fighting. We got a six man tag against Kane, Randy Orton, and Triple H's little bag boy, Seth Rollins. Now the authority always has a plan, but tonight, I got a plan of my own. It's called operation SCREW THE AUTHORITY, and it starts when you two stop arguing, we get together, and we kick their asses."

"YES!" I shrieked.

Gosh, I loved him.

I was excited to see where this promo was going. The huge smile on my face faded as I saw Kane standing next to Dean.

The camera followed Dean's gaze to his other shoulder to see a smiling Seth.

Dean threw himself at Kane, trying to get the big man down. Seth and Kane attacked along with Randy.

They threw Dean into the walls multiple times as I shrieked.

"No." I whispered.

Dean was then choke slammed onto a crate. He breathed heavily as he slowly rolled off the crate.

He took a deep breath, "Is that all you guys got?"

I buried my face in my hands. Why Dean? Why?

Seth stood on the crate and curb stomped Dean. Dean fell to the ground as the three men stood over him.

I rushed to find him. I went as fast as my crutches would allow me to go.

I eventually found Dean being loaded onto a stretcher.

"DEAN!" I shrieked.

"Charlie?" I heard him.

I limped over to his side. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"I am now." He said, rubbing his thumb over my chin.

I smacked his hand away. "Quit it!" I snapped, "I'm being serious."

"Chill Charlie, I'm fine." He assured.

"Why'd you have to push it, Dean?"

"Okay, okay, calm down. I'm fine. I promise. Just relax." He said gently.

I examined him, "You don't look fine." I said quietly.

He gently touched my cheek. "But I am."

I nodded slowly, agreeing. He didn't look fine, but I didn't want to make him upset. I didn't want to start stressing him out.

I played with my ring as they put him into the ambulance car. I climbed in slowly behind and they shut the doors.

We arrived at the hospital in no time. I was forced to sit in the waiting room while they checked on Dean.

Finally, a nurse came out. "Charlie?" She asked. I let her know it was me. "This way." She said as she started to guide me to Dean's room.

"Is he okay?" I asked.

"Yes, he just needs plenty of rest." The nurse said.

"Any physical damage?" I asked.

"No, he's fine. His shoulder's been taking the heat over the past few weeks." The nurse said.

"It seems like every time he wrestles, it just gets worse." I said.

"Maybe you should take a break and let that shoulder heal for a few weeks." The nurse said to Dean.

"Forget it, lady." Dean said, rudely.

"Dean, she's right. It's getting worse." I said.

"I don't fucking care, Charlie." He said. "I'm getting revenge on Seth Rollins if it's the last thing I do. And not just for turning his back on The Shield. Apparently he turned his back on me long before that." He said and I knew exactly what he was talking about.

"I forgot we never had a chance to talk about that." I said. I looked over at the nurse, "Will you excuse us?" I asked. She nodded and walked out. I turned back to Dean. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"About how my best friend kissed you? Of course...happiest subject in the world." Dean said sarcastically. I stayed silent. "That's all that's been on my mind lately, Charlie."

"You don't have anything to worry about." I assured him.

"Really? Cause you two used to date, remember?"

"Dean, it was over before it started." I said.

"Are you sure about that?" He asked.

I took a deep breath. Should I tell him about the kiss that happened just a few days ago? I decided against it. "Yes. Yes, I'm sure. I love you, Dean. Seth did too. No matter how much he said you weren't a brother to him, you were. He didn't wanna come between us so he backed off. And the reason he turned his back on you.......was because he was sick of being guilty for wanting me." I said.

"Dick." Dean mumbled.

"I'm really sorry." I said.

"For?" He asked.

"I know you don't have a lot of people in your life. Now you have one less with Seth. That's why I didn't tell you about us earlier. I didn't want you two to get into this big argument and then you lose another person in your life." I said.

"I could care less about Seth, Charlie. I care about you." He said. "I can't lose you."

I sat on the edge of his bed. "You won't." I said as I ran my had through his hair.

"Just promise me that next time I say something stupid, you won't run off and nearly kill yourself." He said.

I nodded, "Yeah, cause I know how you get." I said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked.

I laughed and he smirked.

"See, I told you we'd get through this together." He said.

I nodded, "Yeah, we make a pretty good team." I said.

"We sure do kiddo." He said. "And hey, we never got to spend your birthday doing all the things I planned."

I smiled, "We should do that sometime."

After Dean was free to go, we went back to the hotel. Roman was passed out in his room. I quietly snuggled under the covers with Dean.

"Ya know, I'm glad I have you, baby." He said.

I smiled, "I'm glad I have you."