Chapter 1

Flashback

Natsu and Gray were fighting and shouting at each other. Lucy was complaining to Cana about Natsu's childishness. Juvia was fawning over Grays bare chest. Mira was serving drinks. The Rajinshuu still sat at their usual corner table, Evergreen watching Elfman with loving sighs, Bixslow playing with his babies, and Laxus watching Mira possessively.

Freed Justine was the only one who seemed changed. He seemed more let down no matter how much he put up a false front to the guild. Too many people had spotted the bandages that often covered his arms beneath his jacket, seeing the red on the white, but no one said anything. Ever since Laxus and Mira had come out as a couple Freed seemed lifeless. His hair had lost its normal Green shine, now appearing duller and not as well kept. His signature Lightning bolt Cowlicks were sometimes missing or just weren't in their usual state. Freed kept taking solo missions, uncaring whenever he arrived back covered in cuts, bruises, burns, dirt, other suspicious liquid. No one said anything. No one thought anything different. Not even his team.

Present Day

It was an ordinary day in guild of Fairy Tail.

The usual fighting. The usual complaining. The usual drinking.

Freeds lifeless eyes were drawn away from the usual action towards the shouting voice of his thunder god.

Laxus and Mira were by the corner of the bar, Mira trying to soothe Laxus as he shouted. She was holding her travel pack with her siblings waiting at the door with matching packs.

"Laxus I'll only be gone a week maybe less. You'll be fine without me"

"Mira it's mating season week! How am I supposed to stay calm when my mate won't be here for mating season?!"

"Well Sting And Rogue are coming to visit for this season right? Why not ask them how they handle not having their mates yet? "

"Mira please I can't let you leave me right now"

Mira rolled her eyes some and smiled, kissing him gently.
"I'll come back as soon as I can alright? I love you sparky"

Laxus looked heartbroken but nodded and kissed her one last time before letting her exit the guild with her siblings.

Over the next week

The Strauss siblings had yet to return and had sent back a message saying it would be a few weeks more due to incorrect data given regarding their mission.

Sting and Rogue has arrived a few days after the Strauss siblings left, both clearly avoiding each other. Sting stayed around Natsu while Rogue was always by Gajeel. Laxus seemed more irritated as he watched the other dragon slayers connecting with their mates in the pre-mating season time.

Natsu and Gray were seen together more now, not fighting as often though. Natsu was usually seen laying in Grays lap, the Ice Mages fingers playing with the pink hair.

It was no shock when Levy and Gajeel arrived one day, Gajeels arm around her waist. There were some groans heard, however, as guildmates all paid their bettings to a grinning Cana. Gajeels touch never stayed from the Bluenette who always seemed pink in the cheeks.

Sting and Rogue were still avoiding each other during the process. Sting was the only one who came to the guild nowadays, Rogue locking himself away due to pheromone over load. He was a submissive slayer so he was easily overwhelmed with all the other dragon slayers pheromones he claimed. Gajeel told everyone that Rogue was just avoiding people still in a different way. Cana and Gajeel were collecting bets against the visiting males from guild members who didn't think they'd end up together.

Wendy was the only seemingly normal one...after Chelia arrived. The girls figured out that they were mates after Chelia had come to town to hang out with her friend and Wendy ended up locking them both away in her apartment. It took a small team, but they eventually managed to calm her down and help her realize why she was acting that way. After that incident, Wendy seemed as normal as before. She was always seen around Chelia, but that wasn't anything new for the girls.

Laxus was grouchier than before if at all possible. He seemed to always before near the Rajinshuu and even stayed the night at their house which was rare since he had his own place. Bixslow and Evergreen teased him constantly about his mood change, but neither mentioned Mira. Laxus though didn't think about her missing presence at all. He only noticed himself staring more at the captain of his team who never noticed his stare.

Laxus groaned softly to himself as he caught himself staring at Freeds ass again as the Greenette left the guild.
"This is going to be a horrible mating season."