Chapter 9

A/N sorry I haven't updated in a while. I have some depression issues that were kinda just ruining life a little bit. I'm not really doing any better honestly but I need to update this mostly for myself. Sorry it's been delayed guys, girls, and chicken nuggets
_______________________

"LIGHTNING BUG! YOU RETURNED TO ME!"

Laxus whipped his head around instantly, paling some at the sight of his complicated ex-girlfriend? What even was she to him right now?

Mira ran over and hugged the lightning mage, kissing all over his face. She squealed when she saw Freed and hugged onto him too.
"Freed! You're back!! And look your guild mark is back on too. Thank goodness my wittle dwagon found you cause he's da bwest"
Mira pinched Laxus's cheek as she spoke, not noticing the tension in the air.

Freed had gone pale as soon as she hugged onto Laxus, a part of him wanting to rip her off of his mate. Once she latched onto him he stiffened uncomfortably, watching as Laxus's lip curled up in disgust possessively. As Mira baby talked Laxus he finally gagged, running over to the trash can beside Makarovs desk and vomiting. How did he ever put up with her? I never knew she was this bad.

Laxus instantly pushed Mira off of him when Freed vomited, falling to his knees beside him as he held back the greenettes hair for him. He gently rubbed his back and mumbled loving words to him as he comforted his mate.

"Aww Laxus you're so caring. Freed what's wrong? Did you eat something bad on the way back? Laxus come on let's go get him some broth from the kitchen to help with his stomach"
Mira cooed a little at the sight, but she was starting to frown as she noticed how close Laxus seemed to be with Freed.

"No"

"No!? Do you want him to starve?!"

"I'm not listening to you Mira. I'm trying to comfort my pregnant mate so will you SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY!"
Laxus finally snapped, his eyes glowing yellow as he growled at Mira.

Makarov looked stunned and Mira's face turned from one of petty anger to furious.
"Your what?!"

"My pregnant mate. You weren't here and it turns out Freed was my destined mate. I always denied the fact that I was gay because I didn't want to be seen as weak. I'm sorry Mirajane Strauss for using you like that. I will never forgive myself for leading you on like that."
Laxus slowly stood and walked over to her, staring down sadly. He held out his right hand to her as a peace offering.

Freed finally stopped puking his stomach lining up and was honestly surprised by Laxus's apology. He turned to watch them before crying out angrily.

Mira slapped Laxus across the face, an evilish aura radiating around her.
"You will pay for this. I will not forget this nor will I forgive"
She slapped Laxus again before storming out of the guild angrily. People looked towards the office in confusion at what had happened.

Laxus blinked, startled, watching her leave. He internally cursed before turning back to Freed and Makarov.

Makarov was helping Freed up, offering him tissues to clean his mouth off with.
"I've always known something was off about you Laxus. I'm proud that you were able to accept yourself wholely and without further hesitation. I wish you would've waited longer to make me a great-grandfather, but I'm excited nonetheless. You should take Freed home today my boy. He's still weak from his journey and needs to rest. Tomorrow take him to see Porlyusica. She'll be able to provide anti-nausea remedies and a check-up on the baby."

Laxus sighed and nodded gratefully, picking up Freed bridal style. He ignored the protests of the rune mage as he headed towards his house on the outskirts of Magnolia. Once home, he laid Freed gently on his bed, helping the man undress himself.

As Freed stripped, Laxus found himself staring at the mans stomach, imaging him round and full with their offspring. Laxus had no idea when he got down onto his knees before he brushed his fingertips across the seemingly flat surface. It already seemed softer beneath the rune mages normally toned figure. He smiled softly before gently pressing a kiss to the small swell that was his child. His child.

Freed found himself enjoying being carried by Laxus, able to curl against him easier. As he strolled his clothes he felt an odd touch on his stomach and looked down. He smiled a bit at Laxus before going dark red as Laxus kissed his stomach. He coughed shyly as he stood, dropping his pants and underpants. He pulled out a change of clothes and was starting to pull them on when suddenly he found himself wearing a long t-shirt. He looked up at Laxus in confusion.
"Laxus I have my own clothes. Why am I wearing something that clearly doesn't fit?"

Laxus grinned at the sight of his mate wearing one of his shirts. The shirt was already too big on the dragon slayer which meant it was even more big on the rune mage.
"So sexy Mate. I like the sight of you in my clothes. Makes me hard you know"
He ground up against Freeds side gently, purring his words into the mans ear.

Freed blushed heavily and shook his head before laying down on the bed.
"I'll wear the shirt alright, but no sex tonight sorry. I'm drained. I'm growing a baby and I barely escaped death a few days ago. Will you sleep with me?"

Laxus eagerly stripped himself and pulled on a pair of red and black checkered pajama pants. He curled up next to the littler man and pulled the covers over them, kissing his cheek.
"It's alright my love. Rest up and sleep well. I'll be here watching over you both."
Laxus rested his hand on Freeds stomach as he held the man close. As he watched Freed drift asleep peacefully, it didn't take long for sleep to claim him as well.