Chapter 15

"What the-?!"

Freed jumped away from the enraged, knife wielding Mirajane, covering his bump with his hand protectively. He backed towards the front door, crying out as he struggled to open it. He started banging on it desperately as he looked back, Mira's terrifying face getting closer and close.
"HELP! SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"

Freed screamed as the knife lodged into the door beside his face, some blood dribbling down his cheek as he was cut. He pushed her away and fled up to his room, locking the door anxiously.
What's going on with her? Is she possessed by magic? Shit I need to get out of here and deal with her later.
Freed struggled to open his window, cursing and looking around.
"Saber saber saber. Fuck. It's downstairs...umm umm. Wait!"
Freed went over to their nightstand and grabbed out a drawer, emptying Laxus's shirts onto the floor.
"Sorry babe..."

Freed stepped by the window and swung the drawer through the window, covering his bump from any flying glass. He looked down at his hand and whimpered softly before poking out the remaining glass. He climbed out onto the angle of the roof and looked around nervously. He couldn't just jump from this height. Freed rubbed his bump anxiously as he glanced back into his room, whining softly as he hurried towards the edge.
"Hold on baby. We got this baby. No one is going to hurt you while I'm here. I swear on my life."

Freed spotted a tree close enough to the edge of their room, but not close enough to just latch onto.
I can do this. I need to do this. For my baby.
Freed gasped in surprise as he felt a pain in his leg, falling to his knees on the roof. He looked back in fear and cried out softly.
"Mira. Please why are you doing this? I'll get you help. I promise. I'll get rid of the magic controlling you."

"Oh Freed. Poor stupid Freed. There is no magic controlling me. Just love. The love you stole from me. I can't believe you'd stoop as low as casting a spell on Laxus just to get him with you. As if you're really pregnant. Obviously you're just fat and lazy."
Mira laughed at him hatefully as she started to advance towards him.
"And now you'll pay for your spell you cast."

Freed stared at Mira in fear before looking behind him.
I'll protect you. I swear on my life.
Freed inhaled before throwing himself off the roof, crying out in pain as he landed on his side. He shielded his bump protectively as he fell, staring up at his house in fear.

Freed ignored his pain and the angry cries coming from Mira as he started to just run, no destination in mind except for safety. He needed to protect his baby. And somehow he ended up in the woods. Lost and alone but safe.