Chapter 12

Laxus was waiting downstairs by the door for Freed, readjusting his coat again. He finally heard footsteps moving and looked up at the stairs eagerly.

Freed stepped down the stairs in his usual attire, adjusting his coats sleeves as he walked. He spotted Laxus and blushed lightly.
"You're staring Laxus. I always look like this so you shouldn't be looking so hard."

Laxus rolled his eyes and went to Freeds side, wrapping an arm around his waist as he brought him close.
"And I always like what I see. It just seems better now that you're mine."

Freed laughed nervously, his cheeks dark red, as he pushed against Laxus's chest gently.
"Let's just go eat Laxus. When did you become such a sap?"

Freed grabbed his hand as he headed out the door, casting the lock runes on it as he led him away from the house. He walked beside Laxus peacefully, letting the taller male wrap an arm around his shoulders.

"Maybe I'm so sappy because I know my mate loves things like that. Face it Freed. You're a hopeless romantic and you love all the sappy stuff."
Laxus grinned as Freeds cheeks went red again, ignoring the weak attempts of protest coming from the greenette.

Laxus took charge of where they were going, using his arm around Freeds shoulder to steer the man.

Freed started to protest as they passed the restaurant he had planned on, sighing as he gave up. It was useless to argue against Laxus on a clear mental mission. He sighed and just watched their surroundings as they walked. His world just went black and Freed yelped in surprise, swinging his arms out.
"LAXUS?!"

Laxus chuckled as he kissed Freeds cheek gently, keeping the blindfold on him.
"It's me darling. Calm down. I just want to surprise ya alright?"
He tied the blindfold on gently before grabbing Freeds hand, leading him to their destination. He grinned when they got there, making Freed sit down. He sucked in a breath before removing the blindfold, mentally thanking Evergreen for this idea.

Freed rubbed his eyes before looking around, gasping. They were on the roof of some building on the outside of town that overlooked everything. Strands of lights covered the walls and hung down a bit. The table in front of him was as simple as a restaurant table, but all together it was gorgeous.
"L-l-Laxus-sama. It's gorgeous I-I-I...you did this for me?"
Freed felt Laxus's thumbs wipe at his cheeks and stared at the grin he loved.

"I had some help because we both know I'm no good at all the romantics. And of course I did. Honestly Evergreen knows so many things it's amazing. Now shall we eat?"

Freed laughed and nodded, wiping off his eyes in his sleeve. He smiled at Laxus before looking behind them as a door opened.

Evergreen and Bixslow were pushing in a food cart. Bixslow was wearing a chefs hat on top of his visor and a "Kiss the cook" apron. Evergreen was wearing a fake mustache wearing a chefs hat as well. Her usual green dress was covered in a white apron. They both were using horrible disguised voices as they wheeled the cart over.
"Huh huh huuh. What do we havze here?"
Evergreen snickered some at Bixslows attempt at speaking before joining in with her high pitched "man voice."
"Wellz for tonightz meal we havze some le salada for an appetizerrrr. Then we havze pasta and chocolatez cake"

Freed burst out laughing at his friends, wiping his eyes as he laughed. Laxus, Evergreen, And Bixslow watched before starting to laugh themselves. Ever and Bixslow left the food cart with them as they headed back into the building, both of them cracking up still.

Freed eventually calmed down, holding his chest as he tried to breathe normally.
"Oh gods. That was hilarious. I can't believe you trusted them to bring our food."

Laxus laughed and smiled at Freed as he set their food on the table, taking off the lids and putting them back on the cart.
"In their defense, they only brought the food up. I had a connection supply the food and leave it here for us."
Laxus smiled as he watched Freed relax, both of them talking the night away as they ate.

Once all the food was gone and everything was cleaned up, Freed went to lean against the wall of the roof, staring down at Magnolia.
"It's perfect Laxus...thank you for bringing me home."

Laxus smiled and grabbed Freeds hand, pulling him close as his other hand went to his waist. He started to sway with him, staring down at Freed with a smile.
"Of course. It was my fault you left and I couldn't handle it anymore. It was awful denying the real me. I'm sorry that I was so weak Freed. Can you ever forgive me for my selfishness?"

Freed smiled and wrapped his arms around Laxus's neck, pulling him down into a kiss.
"Of course. It all worked out in the end."

"Not if I can help it."