Chapter 14

Freed and Laxus's relationship was growing everyday they were together. 2 months after Freeds return to Fairytail and they were still going strong.

Freed was relaxing in his chair at the guild, rubbing his swollen stomach as he read from his book. Laxus was getting clingier and clingier as his stomach kept growing out and it was a miracle to get some free time. He smiled down at his 4 month baby bump and set his book down.
"Pasta? Really? Right now? You're truly evil to me child."

Freed laughed a bit as he stood up, putting his book away in the library. He headed out of the guild, readjusting his jacket over his bump.

Laxus glanced over from the mission board as Freed walked out, hunching over a bit as he sulked. He sighed and grabbed a mission for a monster causing havoc in a cities countryside. He went to the bar and checked in with Mira before hurrying after his mate.

Laxus hugged onto Freed from behind, kissing his neck as he rubbed the swell containing their unborn child.
"Mm I'm heading out for a quick job alright? I should be home by tomorrow at the latest."

Freed squeaked in surprise and rolled his eyes as he laid his hands over Laxus's.
"Yes please go. We will both be fine. Now if you don't mind, our child really wants some chicken alfredo."

Laxus laughed and kissed him one last time before running off to the house to get his backpack. He hurried off to the train and got his ticket before heading off to a 4 hour ride to hell.

Freed walked into the restaurant, giving them his order for takeout. He sat on a bench to wait, humming softly under his breath as he stroked his bump.
"Your daddy is something. He's been getting worse and worse since you've been getting bigger my love. I think it's something to do with his dragon slayer instincts."

Freed looked up as his name was called, quickly paying for his food and heading out. He headed home as quick as he could, fumbling for his keys. He shivered a bit and frowned, glancing around.
"Anyone there?"
He frowned worriedly before hurrying into the house. He grabbed his saber out and put protective runes around the house. He debated on whether or not to call the rest of the Rajinshuu tribe over as he put his pasta into a bowl.

Freed sighed and shook his head as he went to sit on the couch, turning on his lacrima tv.
"You're just being over dramatic Freed. These pregnancy hormones are ruining your head."

Freed finished off his pasta after a bit and sighed boredly. He headed to the kitchen and grabbed down some barbecue flavored prawn crackers, going back to relax on the couch. He eventually managed to doze off, slumping over onto his side as he slept.

Unknowingly, as little Freed slept, a figure crept inside past his weak runes and grabbed his kitchen knife.

Freed stirred some and yawned, wincing as he sat up. He looked over at the kitchen in confusion as he headed over.
"Laxus? You're home so soon...why didn't you wake me- What the-!?"