Chapter 11

Freed stared up at Porylusicas door nervously as his hands fiddled with his coat. He sighed and knocked on the door, stepping back in case she decided to attack first ask questions later.

A few moments later and he ducked as a broom flew over his head. Freed chuckled some as he straightened up again.
"Good morning Porylusica-San. I'll go grab that for you"

Porylusica stared at him and slowly smiled as she was handed her broom, hurrying him inside. She made a face at Laxus, but allowed him inside with them.
"Always a pleasure to see you Freed. You're seeming a lot better than the last time we discussed. I heard you left the guild for a bit."

Porylusica gestured at her table to him to lay down on as she went to get her things.
"Top off now Freed. All the way off."

Freed blushed lightly, but did as told. He felt nervous to remove his shirt and made Laxus look away as he folded up his clothes and put them into his hands. He laid down on the table and messed with his hair a bit.
"I uh had some issues with my ma- relationship. I wasn't actually planning to come back, but I was convinced. I'm sorry I didn't tell you that I was leaving. I didn't tell anyone about anything and I just wanted to be completely gone...I thought everyone would just forget about me."

Porylusica whacked him on the head with a rolled up piece of paper and frowned at him.
"As if we'd forget about you so soon! Now stop all this depressing talk. I have an examination to do."

Laxus watched his mate anxiously, growling as he watched Porylusica hit Freed over the head with the paper. He shifted around on his feet nervously as he watched his mates examination.

Freed watched as Porylusicas hands pressed around his stomach area gently, watching her face for any clues. He yelped in surprise as she squirted a cold gel onto his stomach, grumbling unhappily.

Laxus heard his mate yelp and grabbed Porylusicas wrist as she held a wand looking thing, growling threateningly at her.
"Mate!"

Laxus's head snapped up as he felt  a hand on top of his wrist. His gaze softened as he stared at Freeds worried eyes. He slowly let go of her grip and went to hold Freeds hand, kissing it gently as he watched them intently.

Porylusica huffed in annoyance at Laxus's reaction, making a mental note to mark it down in her notebook. She had started a study on the pregnant dragon slayers and their mates eagerly, wanting to note everything down. She looked at Freed before setting the wand into the gel, moving it around carefully as she held a little box. She grinned as the sound of a heartbeat filled the room.
"Found them. This confirms it for certain Freed. You're pregnant. Baby seems healthy enough for the time being. I'll be sending you home with some prenatal vitamins. I also plan to keep seeing you every 2 weeks to monitor this pregnancy since no one knows what to expect out of these types of pregnancies."

Freed started to zone out as she talked, listening to his babies heartbeat happily. He felt someone's thumb brushing against his cheek and looked over at Laxus hurriedly.

"You alright my love? You're crying."
Laxus looked down at Freed worriedly as he watched tears slip down his mates cheeks.

Freed grinned and nodded as he held his hand some.
"I'm just...so excited I think. T-this is our babies heartbeat. We're actually going to be parents. I'm having a baby"

Porylusica rolled her eyes some at them and let them be all sappy as she went to gather their things for them.

A few minutes later, Freed was all dressed again and holding a small baggy of pills and such that Porylusica wanted him on. He promised to be back in exactly 2 weeks before hurrying out with Laxus, not wanting him to be beaten with a broom.

The boys held hands happily as they headed back to Laxus's apartment, silently enjoying their possible future.

Laxus suddenly stopped and grinned. He kissed Freeds hand as he stared into his eyes.
"Freed Justine. Will you do me the honors of going on a date with me tonight?"

Freed started laughing and blushed heavily as he nodded, hugging onto him with one arm.
"Of course Laxus Dreyar. I would be honored to attend such a monumentous occasion with the Lightning God himself."

Both males laughed with themselves and continued their walk, unaware of the eyes that lingered on their forms.
"I will stop this...one way or another."