Chapter 18

Laxus waited beside Freeds bed for a complete day before his lover finally showed signs of waking. He stroked Freeds hair off his forehead gently, smiling anxiously still.
"Hey hey easy love. Freed it's alright okay? I'm here. I'm here..."

Freed looked around tiredly as he started to wake, whimpering in fear, thinking Mira was still there, chasing him. His eyes came to a stop on his mates face, causing him to smile.
"L-Laxus?"

Laxus smiled and nodded, kissing his cheek gently.
"Freed it's me. Why were you in the woods? Why was the house destroyed? Who hurt you?!"

Porylusica smacked Laxus upside the head with her broom, shaking her head as she sat beside Freeds bed.
"He just woke up idiot. Give him some time to get reacclimatized back with the real world. He's going to be a bit out of it still because of the potions he's on."

Laxus growled at her some as he was smacked before focusing back on his mate. Freed seemed to be confused, but thankfully not in pain. He sighed and squeezed Freeds hand gently before rubbing his bump.
"I'm sorry I let this happen to you...I won't leave you alone again. I can't let you get hurt...Hey old hag? Did you tell the guild about finding him?"

Porylusica glared at his name for her before crossing her arms and nodded.
"I informed Makarov but I suggested it would be best if he didn't spread the news. I believe he was attacked by someone he knew even though I don't want to believe it was someone from Fairy Tail. Any ideas of who would want to cause him harm?"

Laxus sighed some and shook his head as he started thinking.
"No...me and Mirajane ended on bad terms but she's totally happy for us now. Natsu's not stupid enough to do this. The only idea would be a dark guild or wizard. No one from Fairy Tail would hurt Freed. They might not all love him, but they respect him or even fear him."

Porylusica nodded some, pursing her lips a bit. She knew he was wrong, but she didn't have proof of who attacked Freed.
"That may be so, but don't let go of the idea that somebody from Fairy Tail may have wanted him gone."

They both watched as Freed slowly fell asleep again, curling up on his side as he held Laxus's hand tight.

Laxus smiled some and climbed onto the bed beside Freed and held him from behind, kissing his cheek.
"I'll find whoever did this hag don't you worry. They hurt my mate and my child. They're going to die."
____________________________
Sorry this has taken so long and is shorter. I'm currently less than 2 months from my graduation and I have some important things coming up in life with that.