one night; chapter fifteen.

THIRD PERSON

Estefania hurried out of the car. They took a pit stop at a gas station so she could pee, and so they could get some snacks. Dakota was pumping gas into his car.

Once she had left the restroom, she grabbed some Slim Jim's, two cookies and cream Hershey bars, Hot Cheetos, two Dasani waters, and a Pepsi. These were for her. She paid in cash at the register and hurried back to the car.

Dakota had finished and was waiting on her. "You get me something?" He asked as she sat down. She shook her head and he scoffed. "You're gonna have to shit again." He started the car back up.

"And what about it?" She asked sticking a cheeto into her mouth, smiling. He playfully rolled his eyes and switched the car from park to drive, and began slowly rolling out.

It was 3:56 P.M. when Estefania had finished packing a bunch of her clothes and hygiene products.

It was now 2:04 P.M..

"Where are we going and when are we gonna get there?" She asked, whining a little.

"We'll be there in a minute, and where it is? I can't tell you." He continued along the smooth path.

"We've been driving for DAYS." She exaggerated.

"Calm down buttercup, we've been driving for at least three. And YOU haven't been driving, I have." He emphasized.

She playfully rolled her eyes.

"Just relax." He told her. Dakota sped up, only a little.

Half an hour later, he smiled. They had arrived, and Estefania had peeped his change of emotions. And the new scenery of countryside.

"We here now?" She gasped.

"Yes ma'am, we are." He went down a back road and sped up a little more. Once they passed the trees, they were greeted with a scenery of beach.

"I have a beach house down this way for us to stay at. Welcome to Cabo."

"How in the fuck did we get to Mexico?" She looked around.

"You were asleep when we crossed the border."

"I'm not supposed to be out of the country, though, what is this?"

"They don't know where you are, though, as long as you show up. When is that shit, anyways?"

"Yesterday." She spoke softly.

"Oh, god." He gulped.

"They're coming for me, aren't they?"

"They don't know where you are, like I said. We didn't leave any signs either. Let's just enjoy a few days in paradise before you have to go back, okay?" She nodded.

The silence in the car was heavy, besides the roaring of the engine.

"Don't let this spoil anything, just enjoy yourself." She nodded again.

They into a long driveway and were greeted by a medium sized, white house. She only saw the front of the house, but noticed the beach in the background. She was excited, but the guilt she felt was present.