one night; chapter fourteen.

THIRD PERSON

It was Dakota. His eyes began to widening as Estefania's blood began to broil.

"I'm sorry, um, I didn't mean-." He was almost instantly cut off.

"You meant to call the police on me. Save your bullshit apology, I don't have the time." She glared at him. "You didn't tell me you lived here." She said grabbing her key from her purse, shaking.

He took a step back thinking she was going to attack him with her key, but in actuality, she was preparing to unlock her door.

"You didn't necessarily ask me." He said throwing down a half a cigarette on the ground and putting it out.

"Why the fuck would you call the police on me?" She dramatically threw her door open. She turned to him and basically choked him with her eyes.

"I did it for you. Cocaine is not something you want to get hooked on, and trust, it is hard to knock off. You were a danger to yourself and possibly anyone else." He slightly opened his door as an escape route if she decided to attack.

"You could've found me or something! I have a record! Nothing only that, I have to go to court tomorrow! I might go to ACTUAL PRISON." She emphasized the last words. He shrugged his shoulders.

"The most you'll get is like 5 years." Estefania's eyes practically jumped out of her head.

"That's a lot of fucking time! I won't be able to get a good job if I go to actual prison!"

"You will be just fine, okay. If you go to prison, I'll hook you up when you come back." Dakota boldly said. Estefania only shook her head in disbelief.

"Do you want to come snort some cocaine with me?" He smirked. She furrowed her eyes and launched at him. He grabbed her arms and stopped her before her knuckles reached his face.

"I wasn't kidding! You look stressed! Look, I have a two grams of weed, and it doesn't take me four blunts to get high. Come in." He opened his door wider with one arm.

Estefania glared at him, then slowly walked into his apartment.

ESETFANIA

I don't know how or why I forgave him so easily. It just wasn't worth my energy to be upset with him. Why I agreed to smoke with him? Because I need a fucking relief, this has been a long 48 hours.

He passed me the blunt first, and I took it, quickly sticking it in my mouth and lighting it up.

He plopped down on his couch beside me. His little studio apartment was nice. Sunlight beamed through the gigantic windows of his living room.

I blew out smoke and inhaled it back in quickly, then let it out.

"I'm so done with life." I said, passing the blunt to him.

"Besides your criminal record, what's wrong?" He chuckled. I rolled my eyes, and began slumping down.

"My fucking mother. She's been in my life, but she hasn't really been in my life. After the arrest, my best friend called her down here and she met my boyfriend. That is not how I wanted them to meet, but that's how it happened." I paused to grab the blunt back from him and puff. I gave it back and continued, "Justin is way too good for me. I have so much fucking baggage and he puts up with it. I just went off on him for no reason, and he spent all that money on me. I cant imagine how hurt he is right now."