one night; chapter nineteen.

explicit content below.

THIRD PERSON

And she did exactly that. After lunch, she headed straight to the prisoner's reception desk. The lady was already on the phone so she had to wait for her to finish.

Estefania stood with a smile on her face for a good six minutes. The lady put down the phone and gave Estefania a closed-mouth smile.

"What do you need?"

"I wanted to know if I could request a cell change?" The receptionist scoffed.

"I've done a favor for you already, I can't do another." Estefania frowned, and her heart began to beat fast.

"Please, ma'am, I'm in a room with Rosindale, and I'm terrified. I didn't plan on asking you for anymore favors during my stay here, but this is urgent." This isn't even a favor, I'm allowed as an inmate to ask for a cell change. She thought to herself.

The receptionist's eyes widened. "Really?" Estefania nodded. She began typing things into her computer, and Estefania's stance eased.

"There are no more open cells available." Estefania looked down and nodded. "But," she started again, "there's two inmates who are very sickly. There are expected to pass soon. I can fill your name in for a waiting spot for it, but there's no promise it'll go through. There are girls who have been waiting for a cell for months." Estefania perked up just a little again.

"Thank you so much." She nodded.

Estefania slowly walked back to her cell. Not aware that someone had been listening to her request to move.

Estefania had made a nice little space for herself in the cell. Her bed was pretty basic, but the desk next to it was organized neatly. She had gotten magazines from the commissary, along with a few others things. Safety scissors, a regular notebook, a bunch of junk food, and air freshener.

She was making a little fashion book in her spare time, which she had a lot of.

She grabbed all her supplies off the table and started flipping through pages in the magazine.

Rosindale was in the room with her, but she was asleep.

Eventually, Estefania got bored. She had only completed two outfits and shoes to match. She laid down across the mattress and drifted to sleep.

-

Estefania checked her calendar right after getting out of bed. Today's the day I get to see him again. She thought.

She rushed out of the room, as soon as the cell opened, and dashed to the showers.

After finished everything she needed to do, she went back to her cell and climbed on the top bunk.

She put her hair in a top bun since it hadn't finished drying yet.

"Why are you so preppy." She heard a voice from underneath her.

"My boyfriend is coming to see me today." She scoffed.

"Cherish the moments you have with him." Estefania's eyes widened. What the fuck did she mean by that? She thought.