chapter 1

Alex's p.o.v

My name is Alexis, I hate that name. So I just say Alex. I am 15, my birthday is March 3, 1998. never get adopted, I have been here for 11 years.

I'm laying in my bed. since nobody likes me, I have my own room. It's the smallest. everyone has big rooms with a friend. Evelyn, the lady that shows us and stuff. She hates me. Whenever a couple comes in, she says something bad about me

One time I snuck out of my room to go and get something to eat, they never give us food. Well anyways I went to the fringe and got eggs, when I turned around she was standing there, like a creepy person, So I screamed "Murder" then threw the eggs at her.

She then started to hate me, I ever seen a egg since.

I have been up for awhile. I don't wanna get up. But I have to. I slowly get out of my uncomfortable bed.

I walk over to my dresser and got some white shorts, With a pink shirt that said wake me up when it's Friday. then I got some socks

When I was done getting in my clothes I brushed my Blonde hair then put it in a messy bun.

I walked out of my room then went to three washroom across the hall. I took my toothbrush out of my pocket then my toothpaste out of my other pocket.

I put my toothbrush under the water, then put the toothpaste on, then back under the water. I started to brush my teeth.

when I was finally done I washed the toothpaste that was still on the brush, "Hurry up! I'm going to pee!" a boy voice called.

I quickly rinsed off my toothbrush and got my things, When I unlocked the door I opened it and I saw Kyle, We hangout sometimes, Only like 3 times. and that was like 3 mouths ago.

"Hey Alex"" he said. I waved then moved.I went back to my room and put my things on my nightstand. I hate it how there is only one washroom here. I got my cover-up out and my mascara out.

I put On my liquid cover-up then prouder cover-up. Then I put on my black mascara on.

"Alexis! People Are Here to adopt!" Evelyn yells threw the door. I rolled my eyes then put my things away

I slowly went to the door and saw Kyle there, "Woah. hey, didn't know you where there" I laugh.

"Oh, um, ya, I, um, I um just um got Here" Kyle says scratching the back of his head. I slowly nodded

"Okay?" I say.

"okay, let's go to the stage then? ya, let's go" Kyle said walking away.

I followed him to the stage. I seen young couples and middle age couples and some older couples. For some reason Kyle grabbed my hand. I fell kind of awkward.

A couple that looks like their in there 20's walked over to us. Then The women looked at our hands.

"Hello, Young man, What's your name?" the lady asks. Just ignoring Me.

" Hi, I'm Kyle?" Kyle said.

then the lady took our hands apart then took Kyle. Then the man looked at me and smiled, "Don't worry, We well let you visit your boyfriend, if my wife wants him" he said smiling.

I shook my head, "Uh we are not dating" I say then walked away.

Kyle was 14, if your 15 and older people don't want you, and I'm the oldest.

I sat down on the floor and just watched the people look at me and give me dirty looks.

"Ok, Well I hope you guys found who you are looking for, please come back at 4 for another visit, please come with me if you found somebody." Evelyn said.

I seen Kyle and that couple walking to the office. Great. Just started to talk to my friend again, now he's gone..

He looked at me and waved. I waved back pulling on a fake smile.

I got up and went to my room. Wow. I felt really lonely. Every kid had a parent or a couple at them. then there was me, Just Me.

I got My pennyborad and went to the office thingy.

When I went in there I didn't see Kyle, "Ev- I mean Mrs.Lucas , I'm going out. So bye" I say. Then the parents look at me. I glare at them.

I went outside and I saw Kyle. I didn't say anything. I boarded past him, "Alex! Alexis!" He calls.I stop and turn around. Then he comes running over to me, Um what?

He hugs me, So I awkwardly hug him back, "I'll miss you Sorry I haven't talked to you in forever. I was, uh Just nervous" Kyle said.

"It's ok Kyle. I get it lots. rather then the nervous." I said then pulled away.

"I really really really-" Kyle said then his new mom came and pulled him away. "Like You! Like you!" He yells.

I smile and wave. I continued what I was doing.

I went to the store and got a Arizona and a chocolate bar. When I turned around I bumped into somebody and fell.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! are you ok!?" a boy voice said. He sounded familiar. But like I don't know where I heard him from

"Uh ya. it's ok" I said then opened my eyes, I saw a hand in my face.

I ignored the hand and got up by myself. I looked up and saw it was Sam Pottorff. Do not Fan girl.

"Wow. hah. ok." Sam said, "I'm Sam Pottorff, And you are?" he said.

"I'm Alex Howard" I say smiling then he held out his hand so I shook it.

"By any chance do you know where The Orphanage is? My Friend wants to adopt a kid" Sam explains.

"Oh ya.It's just down the road, turn down Murphy then you well see a big old building with a swing set upfront, then that's it, Oh it's on the right" I explain.

"Oh okay Thanks Alex, Where for you live? Maybe we could hangout or something Or you could give me your number?" Sam asks. I smile.

"I live at the orphanage." I whisper. he looks at me and smiles.

"Can I have your number then?" Sam said, and I nodded.

we exchanged numbers.Then he came up with me when I paid for my things.

" Well bye Alex, I'll text you!" Sam said. Then I waved bye.

When I got back to the Orphanage it was 4. Woops, forgot had to be back near 3. Wow. I didnt think I was gone that long.

hope you guys like this book! please vote and comment! let me know if you like it