Chapter 19

Carter's POV

I've been spending day's trying to figure out what Matthew was hiding from everyone, that i literally had to call the one person that i shouldn't be trusting but still like i said i was going to figure out what Matt was hiding, so i meet up with Brittnay at Starbucks but anyways here's the good thing i guess you could say is that Cassidy forgave Matt again like the same day she was mad at him, but anyways at the moment i just got to Starbucks and found Brittnay and sat in front of her and she raised an eye brow at me. 

"What did you call me for Carter?" She asked me and i rolled my eyes.

"What is Matt hiding" I asked her being serious as ever, and she sighed.

"I didn't tell you anything, got it" She said and i nodded my head, before she started speaking again. "Matthew, decided to make a deal with Samantha, that he would date her, if she leave Cassidy and Serenity alone, but she's not going to and truthfully i don't want Cassidy getting hurt again" She said and i felt my jaw clench, and my hands ball up to phists.

"Thank's Britt" i said before getting up and walked out of Starbucks and walked back to the apartment, and once i stepped foot inside, i yelled for Matthew. "Matthew!" 

"What' he asked coming out of the room with Cassidy next to him, in one of his shirts, and basketball shorts.

"Cassidy can you go over to Serenity's and Mahogany's for awhile?" I asked her giving her a small smile and she nodded her head before kissing Matt's cheek and walked out of the apartment, and that was my cue to grab him by the shirt and slam him against the wall.

"What the hell Carter?" he asked me.

"You know what Matthew!" i said at him seriously mad at this moment.

"What are you talking about man" He asked confused, and i rolled my eyes.

"How the hell could you do something like this to Cassidy, you've broken her heart to many times already, and just going to hook up with the girl that want's her dead is one of the messed up ideas that has ever went threw your mind" i said to him literally this close just wanting to punch him.

"How the hell did you find out" He asked glaring at me and i scoffed and let him ago.

"I have my ways Matt, and seriously why do something like this?!" i asked him

"Because i'm protecting her!" he yelled at me.

"No your not! Your just hurting her more than before!" I told him

"She's not going to know" he said.

"Oh yes she is Matt, i'm not keeping this a secret and i can careless if it breaks ya'll's relationship, and honestly she doesn't need someone like you in her life that does something like this to her" i said before turning away and walking off.

"Carter don't you frickin dare" He said warningly.

"Don't even try, Matt and also don't think twice that i'm keeping this from the guys so be prepared" I told him,before walking out of the apartment and over to Mahogany's place and luckily they were gone so i didn't have to worry about them.

"Hey Carter" she said and i guess she saw my facial expression and she stood up and walked over to me "Carter are you alright" she asked me and i shook my head. "what's wrong" she asked me, and i sighed.

"Cassidy, you have to believe me when i tell you this" i told her and she nodded her head, but she looked worried "Well i went and talked to Brittnay about Matthew, and she told me that Matt went to Samantha's and made a deal with her and just i'm really sorry" i told her, and i saw her facial expresstion drop.

"i'll be right back" she said and walked out of the apartment to who know's where and i stoodd there sighing.

Cassidy's POV

After Carter told me about Matt, i was furious, upset, and more importantly hurt, but i just wanted to see if it was true before i got to the point of crying, so i walked out of the apartment and went to Matt's and Carter's place and walked in and once i did i saw Matt standing there, walking back and forth running his hand threw his hair, and he stopped and looked at me and sighed in relief.

"Thank goodness" he said stepping towards me but i backed up.

"Is it true?" i asked him, and he groaned.

"Cassidy just please believe me, i only did it to protect you" he said and i shook my head.

"So it is true and Matt how is that protecting me, when she's out to kill me?!" i yelled.

"Look i'm sorry i didn't mean what i did, i didn't mean to sleep with her" he said and that's when i felt my heart break and my eyes start to water, that i walked over to him and slapped him across the face.

"i can't believe you Matt, me and you are over i NEVER want you back in my life again" i said before walking out of the apartment and back to where Carter was, and once i walked inside i ran straight to him and broke down in tears. "I-i can't believe him"  i said into his shirt.

"I can't either" he said and we just stood there while i cried into his shirt, just having the thoughts of Matthew and Samantha toghter, just i can't believe he would do something that caused a whole bunch of pain, especially the pain of heartbreak and hurtness, just why would he think that was going to protect me when it really i didn't, just i couldn't believe him.