Chapter 26

Hayes POV

After Samantha getting caught by the police I went straight to Cassidy to see that she was bleeding from the stomach ... great...

"Why does everything happen to me?" she asked on the verge of tears and I hugged her.

"I don't know but all of it is over now" I said to her before she was takin to get surgery or whatever leaving me in their by myself until Matt ran in.

"Is she okay?" Matt asked worried and I looked at him to see he had bags under his eyes like if he hasn't slept for day.

"Ya she's okay, she was stabbed just like Cam but their getting stitches right now" I told him and he breathed out.

"Thank god their okay" he said almost falling and I ran to him and helped him up.

"You need to get some rest" I told him walking him to the chair and sat him down.

"I'm not tired" he argued and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes you are so go to sleep" I said to him and he was about to argue back but I gave him a look and huffed before turning on his side and closing his eyes while I went and sat on the other chair waiting for Cassidy to get back.

We waited like a hour later and finally they brought her back in and Matt was still asleep.

"How long has he been here?" she asked and I looked over at Matt before looking back at her.

"The weeks you've been in here" I said and she shook her head.

"He shouldn't have stayed that long" she said but I shrugged.

"We told him that but he wouldn't listen and just I never seen him like this" I said and she sighed.

"Hayes can I talk to him alone for a sec?" she asked me and I nodded my head before I got up and walked out of the room and going back into the waiting room with everyone else..

Cassidy's POV

After Hayes left I sat there taking in a couple breaths, well one because I haven't talked to Matt and second my stomach hurts, so after I was done taking in my last couple breaths I finally decided to wake up Matt.

"Matt" I said but no response "Matthew" I said again and he groaned and turned on his other side and I just giggled a little "Mattchu" I said and they finally caused him to wake up, and he rubbed his eyes before he looked around and his eyes than stopped when he saw me and he sighed in relief before he got up and hugged me but when he did he hugged my stomach and I flinched, and he quickly stopped hugging me.

"I'm sorry, and are you okay?" he asked like a worried mother.

"It's okay, and I'm fine" I told him.

"Are you sure? Do you need anything?" he asked again and I shook my head.

"I'm sure, Matt, and no I don't need anything" I told him.

"Are you 100% positive because I'll go get whatever you need-" he started rambling and I just shook my head.

"Espinosa!" I said to him and he stopped his rambling and looked at me "I'm fine I promise" I said but he opened his mouth "shut up" I giggled, and he closed his mouth.

"I'm really sorry about everything that happened Cassey, I feel like this is all my fault" he blurted out and I shook my head.

"It's not you fault Matt, don't blame yourself for something you couldn't control what happened" I reassured him but he shook his head and looked at the ground.

"But it is my fault" he mumbled and I sighed.

"It's not your fault, so please stop blaming yourself" I told him.

"I can't stop, it's like a never ending reminder that all this was my fault, it's my fault that people started hating you in high school and maybe if us didn't happen you wouldn't be in this mess" he said and I just looked at him.

"Are you saying that us shouldn't have happened?" I asked getting hurt.

"No no I love that us happened but just I don't know" he said and I shook my head.

"Matt what you just said sounded like you didn't want us to happen, why would you say something like that" I asked him almost in tears.

"Cassidy please I didn't mean it like that" he said but I shook my head.

"Just go Matt, please" I asked him and he huffed and walked out of the room slamming the door, I just sat there a cried, because my life is so fucked up and just I couldn't believe Matt said something like that....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm sorry this chapter is kinda emotional and whatever, just I've had a long, stressful day and just I kinda put my emotions in this chapter, but anyways Do you think what Matthew said was pretty messed up or what?? Just curious.

Also I got surprising news!!! but I'm not telling anyone yet until later!! 😊😊

Anyways Thanks so much for getting this story to 10.81K it means so much y'all are the best!! Love you guys 😘