Chapter 11.

Heart to heart (Part 1)

[Nea's POV]

My head's hurting as if I was knocked out. My body also aches as if I was beaten over and over again. I try to open my eyes slowly, It's still dark outside the window. I feel something in my hand and I see that Adam's holding on to my hand while he's sleeping soundly next to me.

I sit up slowly trying not to wake him up and the clothes on my forehead fall down to my lap.

I must have run down with a fever.

I look to the table lamp, there's a medium bowl with water in it and a few medicines. I trace a look at the long and small wire at my hand.

I must've been given drips.

I continue to look at Adam, who's moving a little in his sleep, unconsciously I smile.

I slowly get off the bed and take the IV drip bag along with me as I walk out of the room. I look along the corridor where I see a veranda which I've never seen before and step outside. I feel the morning breeze, it's cold, but I don't want to step inside, yet.

Living in the apartment near the suburb is not that peaceful. I've been missing this kind of peace and the morning breeze is my kind of peace. I usually wake up early and sit next to my window to feel the morning breeze when we were still living here, in this town.

I sit on the chair on the veranda and enjoy the view that I've never seen before. I can feel my chest that tightens before is taking a break when I spent alone time here. My mind takes me to when Adam took off from me yesterday.

I wanted to tug him hard yesterday, pleading him not to leave me alone, but I don't want to be a nuisance. He seems urgent and I let him go, unwillingly. I can't stand being left alone, I've been having monophobia since I was little and it drags till now. I've been trying to not care about it, but it seems I have not accustomed to this house yet and definitely because it's a triple size bigger than my house (both of it).

Somehow the nerves and my own brain take control of my body. All I remember is that I've been sitting outside in the cold, for how many hours I don't know. And all I remember is until my whole body is numb and I still can't fight the fear inside.

All I do since we got married is being a nuisance. He even took care of me last night. How can I be of help instead of a nuisance to him?

My thoughts scatter away when I see Adam's looking at me straight in the eye while panting, breathlessly.

[Adam POV]

I snap open my eyes when I feel the spot near me is vacant. I quickly sit and look around.

She's not here.

I run to the bathroom and the dressing room, but she's nowhere to be seen.

I run downstairs and look at every corner of the house, but there's no trace of her. I run my hand through my hair and brush my face roughly before I rush outside of the house to find her. It's a bit foggy outside due to the cold and it's only 6 AM. That makes it impossible for me to see if she's nearby.

Dang it Nea. Where are you? She couldn't possibly run away? In this cold?

I run back to the house quickly and upstairs to get my phone and car keys to search her outside. I stop my track when I see the veranda door is slightly open. I walk quickly towards the veranda with the hope that she will be there. As I open the door quickly that it makes a bit of a sound and makes her jumps a bit to it.

My eyes meet hers and I let out a big sigh of relief. She looks at me who's been breathless as she holds the drips on her right hand.

"What wrong?"

"You. That's what is wrong,"

"I'm sorry?"

"I've been looking around for you, you know?"

Her eyes widen but later she mutters

"I'm sorry"

Her voice sounds a bit shaky, probably because of this cold.

"Wait here"

I say as I bolt out of the veranda to our room. I grab a blanket on the bed and rush to the veranda again. She looks at me again when I come back and I wrap her with the blanket while I take the drip from her hand. I pull her towards the couch and both of us sit on it.

She looks at herself and me before she wraps herself and me with the blanket. My heart pounds when she reaches my back to cover me with the blanket. I can't take my eyes off of her, and my eyes probably widen when she smiles at me.

"You must've been cold yourself. You've been running around looking for me in this cold morning"

I gulp down my throat as if trying to cover my flutters.

"I thought you had run away"

"Where would I go? This is my home now"

I look up and study her face as she looks away to cover her sadness.

"You gave me a shock yesterday."

She looks at me, eye to eye, trying to figure what I'm saying.

"I'm sorry about that"

It's not your fault, why did you apologize?

"Why did you stay out in the cold for hours in the first place? Are you trying to freeze to death?"

She shakes her head while looking down at her lap. I push her chin up slowly to look at her in the eye.

"Why Nea? Tell me so that I know"

"I have monophobia."

-----