Chapter 42.

Quickie Jobs

[Nea's POV]

In a blink of an eye, its almost 6 months we've been married. We're still getting to know each other and we've never been in a huge fight before, I can say it's a miracle. If we're about to get angry at each other, one of us will calm down, take it slow and then we'll talk about it.

I am currently working, quickie jobs, which BU offers to its students. It differs each time, like last month, I had clerical work and today its childcare. My professor, Mrs. Blake hired me to take care of her two years old twins till midnight because she has an annual dinner of her husband's company.

"Nea, they both sleep at 9 pm and avoid giving them any sweets, unless you want them both to stay up all night. Oh, do whatever, I don't care because I trust you, okay?" Mrs. Blake pats my shoulder and smiles before she hugs her twins, a boy, and a girl, Mateo and Madeline.

"Now, do mummy a favor, don't trouble Nea understood? If both of you behave, mummy will give rewards as usual. Okay?" Mrs. Blake says and both of them nod and smiles innocently.

"Okay, now let's go honey. Nea is more than capable, so let them go. I'm sorry Nea, she's always like this when she has to leave them both." Mr. Blake said as he laughed.

"I carried them for nine months, Malcolm. They are attached to me for.." Mrs. Blake was cut off as her husband covers her mouth and I held a laugh from coming out.

"Let's not scare Nea about pregnancy, okay? Take care Nea, and babies, behave okay?" Mr. Blake says as he dragged his wife out of the house.

Both of them turn around to look at me for their next activities. I smile as I lean on my knee to reach my eye level with them, "Movie time?"

Both of them smile widely and nod as they link their tiny hands in mine. I gulped at their contact, "Let's go!" We marched into the living room to watch a movie. 

-----

They really do sleeps at 9 pm to be exact, so cute. After brushing their teeth and changed into their pajamas, they both climb up their own beds. I read a book to them and after about 10 minutes, both of them were already asleep. I can't seem to stop staring at their angelic sleeping face.

How will our kids look like? If they look like Adam, they will look cute and their smiles will captivate me each time, like how I am when Adam smiles.

My phone vibrates makes me stop daydreaming and I get out of the room quietly, not to wake them up. I walk downstairs as the second called came, and I smile as Adam's face popped out of my screen.

"Hey!"

"Hey, baby! What are you doing?"

"I just read the twins a book and now they are in a dreamland," I explain and Adam's laugh goes through the phone.

"At what time your professor will be back?" 

"Midnight, or a bit later. Why?"

"Should I come to accompany you? You've got another two hours and more doing nothing."

"I don't know. I should ask professor first."

"Okay, asks her first and then tell me."

"Okay!"

I texted Professor Blake and she replies a minute later, giving her permission but behave. 

She sounded like my mom by now.

Professor Blake said okay. You can come now. Here's the address.

-----

A message came 15 minutes later when I was finishing my assignments.

Open up love, I'm at the door.

My eyes widen at the word 'love' and I peek a bit before opening the door, safety measure. Adam is holding a pizza box and a small box of cake, vanilla fruity, my favorite. I kiss his cheek in excitement and he kisses me back in the forehead. 

We both went to the living room which was a mess with my books and papers. Adam chuckles, "I bet you must be hungry, taking care of the twins and now finishing up your final assignments before the exam."

"Yes, you're a lifesaver. Thank you." I tiptoe and peck his lips, his eyes widen, but grip my waist to support me as he deepens the kiss. We both have this sexual tension between us, but we decided to wait until we both ready for it. 

Adam picks me up and makes me straddles him as he sits on the sofa, still kissing me. I push his chest after we both panting, need air and I lean my forehead to his.

"Professor said to behave." I said slowly and Adam let out a loud laugh, making me jumps to cover his mouth, "Shhh! They are sleeping." Adam nods when he regains his composure.

I slip off of him and sit on the floor to continue finishing my assignments. Adam plays with my hair with his free hand and the other scrolling his phone while his eyes glancing at the football games on the tv.

I lean on his hip as I take a five-minute rest in between doing my assignments. I don't know when did I fall asleep, but I feel he pick me up to lay me back on the sofa and then he lay next to me.

"What time is it?" I ask when I awake from his arm that is now hugging me.

"11.30, shh, just sleep. I'll wake you up when Professor Blake returns." Adam strokes my hair, making me fall into a deep sleep in a second.

All I know is that I wake up in his bed the next day, I didn't even wake up when he gets me to his home after Professor Blake returns. I must have been tired from all the quickie jobs, I want to save some money. Adam doesn't want me to work, saying he can give me money if I want, but I don't want to keep asking for money so I convince him to allow me for these quickie jobs. 

I also wanted to keep myself busier than having lots of unnecessary thoughts. I can say that our relationship actually begins to get better when I started these quickie jobs. I know I can't keep avoiding, whenever Adam asks, but I just not ready. 

I also know that Luke feeds him on what we talked the other day because same that weekend, Adam began to ask me about those things. I, of course, avoid it again, but he also keeps his words that he won't give up. My mind and my heart keep having a clash opinion on this, but as I said, the problems lie within me and not Adam.

Give me some time to figure things out, I'll personally talk to you once I have it all figured out. I promise Adam.

-----