Chapter 30.

Before the Storm

[Adam POV]

It's Monday again, after the date, we went back to my apartment and Nea doze off quickly after she washes up. The next day, we spent all day long in the apartment. Nea said she doesn't feel like going out in the cold, so we spent the day in the apartment, finishing assignments, playing games, watching movies and cuddling. I feel peace and content even with only her presence, I could wish no more.

I am in my first class in the morning and Nea told me she has her first class in the morning and her free time also happens to be the same with mine. So we decided to have a brunch together later since we both have another class in the afternoon.

After about 2 hours of classes, I'm free for about 2 hours and after the professor went out, I stretched my body and I gather my things as I shove it in my bag.

"Hey lover boy, where are you going?" Noah says as he winks at me. He knows where I am going and he just wanted to tease me about it. 

"Shut up, you dick!" I punch him playfully on the shoulder. "Want to join?"

"Nah! I don't want to be a third wheel. Not really a fan of your lovey-doveyness, it creeps me out. I'll probably wait for William for lunch." Noah shakes his head profusely and I laugh.

Noah and I had the same major, but, the others have a different major than us. It's a miracle on how we get to be on the same University, we literally lived half of our life together since birth. I am thankful I have these dumb headed fellows as my best friends, although they can be annoying and painful but, they are the best I've ever had.

Both of us went outside by side as Noah texted William. 

"Are you sure you don't want to join me and Nea? She wouldn't mind." I pat Noah's shoulder twice, but Noah shakes his head and smiles. "No, I want to give you guys a private time together. I know how you look at her Adam, and I know you can't seem to get enough of her. But, take it slow, I don't want you to rush things out as you did before, and the probability of you getting hurt is big. I hate that, you know?"

I smile and I nod, "I know, thanks, man. I am blessed to have you guys." 

"Boo hoo, don't act all cheesy now. I'm not Nea." Noah starts his playful remarks again. Noah can be serious at times, although most of it only consists of him being playful. 

"See you later!" I push Noah away as I put a hand up, gesturing I'm leaving. I walk towards Nea's college, which is a walking distance only from my college. I pull out my iPhone as I walk slowly, taking the wind that blows my hair as I walk by. I type and sent a text to Nea.

I'll be there in 10.

I look around and in a second a text came in and I quickly slide it open, hoping it would be her and I smile when it really is her.

I'll be waiting here in 5.

Another thing that I learned about Nea is that she doesn't like to make people wait for her and she also doesn't really like waiting. I fasten my pace towards her college, not wanting to make her wait, but as soon as I arrive she's already there waiting while listening to her music. She bobbed her head to the beat as her messy hair blown away and she doesn't care for her surroundings. Her eyes wander around as she looks into the view in front of her. I saw her take a glance at the cloud and she smiles.

I walk slowly and I slide my hand to her's as soon as I stand next to her and that makes her jumps to the defense. Her eyes widen and as soon as she saw my face, she lets out a sigh of relief and strokes her chest to calm her heart down. 

She punches me on the shoulder and I only manage to giggle as she said, "You scared the hell out of me! I thought you were someone else."

"Who would dare to touch my woman?" I playfully grin as I lean closer to her face and I quickly peck her cheek making her surprise, again.

She gave me a glare, but she can't hide her smile as she shakes her head, "Let's go and eat, I'm hungry." I nod as I lead her to a small restaurant nearby to get food.

 -----

After placing our order, we decided to sit next to the window and we sit across each other. We didn't talk but somehow we are having a staring contest when she gave me an eye squint suddenly. After a few minutes, I blink my eyes and Nea smiles in victory and she grins wider making her eyes squint even more.

This little moment of ours is precious to me.

Nea takes a sip of her hot chocolate as soon as our food arrives. She smiles a lot whenever she encounters food and I can't help but chuckles to her antics. But she doesn't care about my expression as she made her move to eat and I push the food closer to her. She rolls the pasta and holds it in front of my face, and she nods as she wants to feed me. Her sudden gesture never fails to surprise me, although it's been already a month we're together. She always never ceases to surprise me each time.

"Well Hi, Adam! Never did I expect to meet you here." A voice made me and Nea look at its owner and she smirks as she looks at both of us.

I saw Nea stops eating and she sit up straight, trying to analyze the woman, from head to toe. Her eyes widen when the woman takes a seat next to me suddenly and my eyes also widen at her action.

"Go away, Sharr." My voice sounded cold and stern but Sharr doesn't budge.

"So I heard, you must be the girl that Adam picks now." Sharr's words are too much for me.

"Don't get me started Sharlene." My voice turns up a few octaves.

"What happened to Emily? Are you his rebound girl?" Sharr kept on talking and I can see Nea's expression, hurt.

I pounce on the table hard and that makes both of them jump, but definitely stop Sharlene spouts nonsense. I knew all pairs of eyes in the restaurants are looking at us, but my anger is at a high point now so I don't care about the staring. Before I get to speak a hand hold on to mine and I look at Nea who's gripping my hand warmly and her eyes pleaded 'Please don't make a scene.'

"Leave. Don't make me repeat it." I said slowly only for us to hear. I stare Sharlene deep and she takes the cue to get up and leave the restaurant.

I slump in my seat and I rake my hair to the back before I try to look at Nea in the eye. She's quiet and she avoids my eye as she continues eating. I wanted to talk to her, but she wouldn't even look at me. 

My eyes follow her every action and I speak when she suddenly gets up, "Where are you going?"

This time she looks at me in the eye, "Washroom." She gives me a small smile as she struts towards the end of the hall, but a man knocks her off and that made me stand up abruptly.

That man was fast as he holds her hand to prevent her from falling, and at that moment my heart drops when I see the man's face.

Luke.

"Aryn?" That guy speaks and Nea's head whipped to Luke's who's in front of her.

I am not angry or mad, but my heart drops to their encounter and unconsciously my heart beats faster and faster, I am getting anxious. All I ever wanted today is a private time with Nea and our connection getting deeper, but little did I know today encounters are only the beginning of a storm in our relationship.

-----