Chapter 15.

Encounter

Sam takes off with their order in his notes to put it in the billing iPad. All of them are looking at each other through their eyes, probably trying to find a topic to talk or someone to start talking. They signal each other with their eyes and Noah clears his throat before he starts asking.

"So, Nea we know that you're a year younger than us, so which college are you in now?"

Nea looks at Noah and the others as she finds it a bit hard to answer that question.

"I didn't go to college."

All of them look at Nea's action when she answers the question and they knew it's a sensitive question to her. 

"But I work as a part-timer a lot, especially tutoring. I have a lot of students"

Nea smiles as she continues answering. Adam looks at her as she is sitting next to him, her face is smiling, but her fingers are tugging to her jeans. All of them are trying to find another topic to ask, but Nea asks them first.

"You guys look comfortable here, even Sam knows you guys." She looks at each one of them and then Adam. Their eyes lock for a second before they look at Alex who answers.

"Yeah, this is our hang out place, here is our spot ever since high school. Adam found this place"

Nea looks at Adam again as she smiles and nods.

"I've lived here for 18 years, and I didn't know this place even exists."

All of them gasp. Nea looks at each of them before they bombarded her with questions and remarks.

"You lived here?" - Noah

"But mum said she met you near the suburb." - Sara

"How come we've never met you?" - Lucas

"Wow, this is news!" -Leia

"Where did you attend your high school?" - Alex

William and Adam just look at Nea in disbelief.

"Lived... used to. I moved two years ago near the suburb. Probably because I'm invisible before. I attend Crestshaw High School of course, since like I lived here." Nea smiles as she answers all of the questions.

"Wow, you're our junior and we didn't even know you." Noah exaggerates his remarks.

"I didn't even know you guys existed," Nea says that makes Sara and Leia laugh.

"Wow, Adam is like a living legend of high school and you didn't even know he existed. You're awesome!" All of the boys trying hard not to laugh except for Adam.

"Haha funny. But seriously, did you live in a rock or something Nea?" Adam pushes her shoulder making her facing him. Nea giggles a bit to Adam's expression.

"I'm an introvert and also a book nerd. I'm always at the library or class. My earphone is my best friend and I didn't even bother talking to people much. That is why people said I'm an F.A."

"F.A?"

"Forever Alone"

"But you said you got two best friends, who are they again, the one that comes to the wedding" Adam tries hard to remember.

"Mark and Tia. They didn't live here anymore, they moved away after middle school. So it's just me."

All of them nods. Soon after, Sam and his workers deliver the food and they eat. Some of them are talking to each other while Nea and Adam are just eating in silence. 

"Adam, can you scoot over a bit, I need to go to the washroom." 

Adam nods and he scoots over a bit to let Nea pass through him. Nea stops in her tracks before she turns around "Which way is the washroom?"

"Straight and then turn left," Adam answers with his full mouth. Nea smiles and follows Adam's instructions cautiously.

All of them look at her movements through the almost crowded place. She seems to avoid people with all her might. At some points, she seems like a ninja. They all burst out laughing seeing her antics.

"She's one of a  kind. Your missus. I swear I've seen her before, but I can't remember it." Sam says as he leans next to Adam.

"She used to live here before. Move away two years ago." Adam replies as he continues finishing his food.

"I see, that's why she seems familiar." Sam nods, trying to make sense.

"What do you think of her Sam? You're observant." Sara pokes her head out of her seat eagerly.

"Honestly?"

All of them nods, and Sam looks at Adam, who's fiddling with his empty plate.

"She seems like a quiet person. She tends to keep things to herself. She smiles a lot, but her eyes show another. Nevertheless, she's beautiful and cute."

"I think so too," William says, but everyone freezes to his response.

"Watch out for him, Adam" Sam jokingly pats Adam on his shoulder as he struts away giggling.

William looks at Adam innocently while the others are either giggling or laughing at them.

"What took her so long? Did she wear contacts today? Usually, she's wearing spectacles." Leia says while looking at the washroom direction for Nea. Adam turns to look for her, but she comes into view at that moment. 

Just like before, she tries hard to avoid being in contact with people and she looks down instead of look at her front. When she almost passed through those people, someone grabs a hold of her wrist making her stops. That guy is holding on to her wrist and she seems to surprise at first.

"Uh oh, someone makes a move on Nea alert." 

Noah's words make the others look at them, but Adam already noticed it since the beginning. He also remembers the guy, the one who's with Nea the other day in the neighborhood. That guy is smiling to Nea who seems surprised, and he didn't seem to bother to let her hand go. 

-----