Chapter 14.

Getting to know

[Adam POV]

Nea's showering in the bathroom while I'm getting ready in the dressing room. I decide to wear white T-shirts with blue jeans. I put on a cap on my head and wears my wristwatch on my left hand. I brought along my black leather jacket, in case it's getting a bit colder later on. 

The sounds of water from the bathroom stop, but there's no sign she's going to get out. I recalled our encounter before and I get a little hint as I walk towards the bathroom. I knock on the door softly.

"Nea are you okay?"

"Y Yeah I'm perfectly fine"

"Then, I'll wait for you downstairs."

"Sure! That'll be good."

I chuckle a bit to her response as I walk towards the door. As I reach the door, I turn around quickly and I saw the bathroom door open slightly.

"Oh yeah! It's getting cold outside, wear something's warmer."

She holds her hand a bit out of the bathroom door and showed thumbs up. I smile as I close the door and go to the living room downstairs. The weather is getting colder now that the winter season comes by, we're all also in our long winter breaks.

Sara comes down while wearing her bracelet and fixing her clothes. She wears her grey one-piece sweater dress along with her winter boots. She takes a glance at me before she sits down next to me in the living room.

"Nea's?"

"Getting ready."

I answer her as I scroll down my emails on the phone and Sara nods silently. I look at my wristwatch and the clock strikes 9.30 and Nea emerges from the stairs. 

"Sorry for the wait"

I look up to see her tying her hair up in a ponytail. She's wearing a colorful stripe T-shirt with a hooded denim jacket along with blue skinny jeans and black sneakers. Our eyes meet when I look at her from head to toe. She gives a silent signal with her eyebrows asking me what.

I gesture to with my eyebrows to what she's wearing.

"This is the warmest clothes that I have" She gestures to her outfit.

"Why didn't you say so, I have tons. Let me give you some."

Nea stops Sara on her track as she smiles.

"Thank you, but maybe next time. We're going to be late"

I look at my watch its 9.35 AM and the trip to Sam's takes about 20 minutes from home.

"Let's get going then."

Both of them nods and follow me suits towards my Ford Explorer. Sara pushes Nea to the front passenger seat while she climbs into the back seat.  All of us wear our seatbelt as I start the engine and slowly drive away. I give Sara a look through the rearview and she gives a mischievous smile back.

Trying to be a matchmaker huh?

I drive out of the house property and turn on the radio. It plays Dua Lipa ft Blackpink - Kiss & Make Up, I notice that Nea knows this song as she lip-syncs through the song from the beginning. 

"A Kpop fan?"

She looks at me for a bit before she looks back to the road "Kinda. But I can literally listen to any song from any country. Only need it to be my type of music or genre."

"What type of music do you like?"

"Mostly ballad, but sometimes it differs to the music itself"

I nod my head to her answer as I pull to the side road and into the parking lot nearby Sam's restaurants. It's almost 10 as we walk for a bit to Sam's. I open the door and hold it for Sara and Nea's to enter. Sara walks straight to the table where we always take while Nea and I follow suit.

Lucas waves to us when he spots Sara and she takes a seat next to him. While Nea and I sit on the other side, next to each other. Nea sits on the inside next to Leia and both of them smile when Leia whispers something to her. 

She captivates Leia the ice princess, I'm impressed.

Sam comes into view with a menu and passes around to us. He looks at us and as usual, he greets the girls.

"Hey Sara, haven't seen you in so long?"

"College's Sam. You know how it was"

Sam nods, agreeing. Sam's a man in his early 30 and he has a body that most man envy of. He hides his six-pack with his long sleeve shirts which he wears almost every day to work. Most of the girls or woman who comes here always asks for him, although he has other workers. He's considered as a handsome bulky man in this town, but he is famous for not taking those girls that hover over him for granted. He said to us before that he has someone in his heart and will always wait for her no matter what comes.

He looks at Leia, who has already looked and smiled at him. 

"Looking good there Leia, beautiful as usual"

Alex scoffs trying to laugh, but Leia nudges him in the stomach making him grunts. All of us look at Alex and Leia in disbelief.

"Well, thank you, Sam"

Sam's eyes darted to Nea who's reading the menu close to her eyes as if trying to get into it.

"Well, you must be the missus then"

Nea looks up at Sam and smiles at him. He looks flustered and quickly holds his hand out to shake Nea's hand.

"Samuel Dean, call me Sam"

Nea gets up to shake Sam's hand back.

"Nea Aryn Lee, just Nea will do"

"Wow, a beautiful name fits with a beautiful owner"

All eyes darted to Sam, me and Nea who flush red to the compliment.

"Thanks, Sam"

I speak instead of Nea and Sam smirk to tease me.

"No wonder you didn't want to take her here"

I look at Sam with an annoyed face, but that only makes Sam laugh out loud. All of the others also laugh or smile at me while Nea looks confused. Sam pats my shoulder to make sure he is joking and I shake my head while smile softly, embarrass. Sam takes out a pen and a notebook from his apron pocket.

"So, order anyone?"

-----