Chapter 18.

Apologize

"Adam, is something wrong? Are you okay?"

Nea put a hand on Adam's arm, her eyes shown concern towards him. Adam holds her hand that is on his arm and grips it slow. All pairs of eyes in that room look at both of them. Adam looks at Leia, Sara, and Alex briefly as they all nod and walk away from the living room. Leia gives Adam a sign with her hand as in 'I'll be watching you' before Alex scoffs and pushes her out of sight, probably to another room.

"I'm okay. I think we need to talk."

Nea nodding slowly as Adam takes her hand and leads her to the couch as they sit side by side next to the giant window. Nea look at Adam in the eye as their eye level matches now that they both are sitting down. Adam feels nervous and he looks down to their hands instead while trying to find words to say.

Their hands are still intact with each other as Adam is brushing Nea's hand with his thumb. Somehow both of them found this little act, soothing, for them.

"Adam?" Nea tries to make eye contact but he's still looking down at their hands. She sighs a little before doing something that she never expects for her to be doing. She put her hand under Adam's chin and push it up so that their eyes met and they are face to face with each other.

Adam's a bit startled by her action, but his expression softens when she smiles softly at him. She nods at Adam assures him that she will listen to whatever Adam wants to say.

"It's about what happens at Sam's. I didn't mean to say that.. that..but I can't form a word and I blurted it out. I'm so sorry."

Nea put her other hand on top of their hands, that is holding each other. She pats it twice as she smiles. "I know...It's okay since I'm struggling to find the right words too, at that time. Although I admit that I'm a bit surprised about your choice of word."

Adam let out a slow sigh, but he's smiling a bit "I'm surprised too. I'm sorry. It hasn't been 24 hours yet since we talked this morning and I did it yet again, hurting you. I'm so sorry."

Nea pushes Adam's shoulder a bit strong, making him startled "Stop it, with the sorry. I know, as I said, it's okay. Besides, we just introduce ourselves this morning. Step by step remember?"

Both of them smile at each other before Nea broke it off looking at the falling snow outside the window.

"Will you answer me if I ask you who is he?"

"I knew this question would come sooner or later. He's Luke Carter, my neighbor, and my childhood friend. He didn't know I moved away two years ago, hence he's been looking for me since then." Nea is still looking outside as she answers.

"So both of you have a history of being together?"

Nea whipped her head to face Adam as she smiles amusingly

"No. We're only childhood friends besides, I'm totally out of his league. Don't you remember our conversation this morning about me attending Crestshaw and how you guys didn't even know I existed? That's just how it is. I'm invisible, and also the forever alone nickname totally live up to my name since I've never been in a relationship, a forever single. So how can you think that I'm capable of being in a relationship with Luke, one of the hottest boys in Crestshaw? It's totally ridiculous."

Nea laugh, but her laugh sounded fake enough for Adam to notice. Adam intertwines their hands together, making Nea stops laughing and widen her eyes at their hands.

"Well, now, you're in a relationship with one of the hottest guys in Crestshaw. Let alone the fact that you are his wife. So stop discriminating yourself and as a matter of fact, you are actually beautiful."

Nea's face flushes at Adam's words and that makes Adam's laugh. Nea's cover-up by coughing a little.

"I heard that you wanted this marriage to be hidden before. So are we hiding it from now on?"

Adam flustered by the question as he scratches the back of his head. "I did, but now I don't know anymore.."

"If it's making it difficult for you, it's better if we hide it. Well, I didn't attend university so there's not much problem for me anyway, except for you."

Adam looked at Nea with a weird expression "Didn't mum tell you yet?"

"Tell me what?"

The front door burst open as Lucas, Noah, and William walks in making a loud noise. Sara and Leia practically yell at them to make it low so that they could hear Adam's and Nea's conversation. But, they get caught when Adam and Nea are standing in front of them in the corridor that connects the kitchen and the living room. All of them smiles sheepishly and acts as if they are doing things quickly.

"Eavesdropping much?" Adam leans to the corridor wall.

"Nothing interesting anyway," Leia mutters as she tugs at the hem of Alex's shirts.

"Really?"

"Yeah, oh yeah! Mum and Dad are on the plane. They will arrive tonight, probably." Sara says excitedly.

"What time?" Adam quickly checks his watches that show 4.30 PM.

"Around dinner time?" Sara checks her phone back.

"I should call the maids to prepare dinner then. Are you guys joining?" Adam holds his iPhone to his ear making the call.

"Sure, why not," Lucas says as the others nod before they make their way to whatever they wanted to do.

"Alright then. Oh, Hello, Mrs. Blair, mum and dad..." Adam talks to Mrs. Blair, the cooks about tonight's dinner.

-----