Chapter 28.

New-found information

[Adam POV]

I open the door to the apartment, and I heard the guys scream to the games that they are currently playing. I walk to the door of my room as I walk past behind them, while Nea is blinking and fidgeting at the front door when she emerges from it, unmoving. Her eyes are avoiding the view in front of her as she quickly turns away from it. Then I know what is she looking at that makes her turn away, Noah and Lucas, the most uncivilized among us are only wearing boxers. 

"Guys Nea are here," I say and all of them whipped towards Nea who's on her back facing the door. She held her right hand up "Hi!".

As if they were splashed with cold water, Noah and Lucas run towards their own room. "Please do care to inform us about Nea's visit next time, asshole!" Noah shouted from his room.

Nea plops to the couch soon after Will dragged her from standing at the door. Alex is getting Nea a glass of juice from the kitchen and he passes it to Nea on his way back to the couch.

"So to what pleasure do we have Nea coming to visit us today?" Noah leans to the couch fully dressed. 

"She's staying over the weekend," I say as I emerge from my room after I put Nea's bag.

All of the guys gasp, "Why don't you tell us sooner? I would've made something for her to eat by now." Alex says and walks towards the kitchen as William struts along to help Alex. Alex is a great cook among us and Will comes in second.

"No need Alex, how about we dine out today?" I say while looking at the guys and Nea. All of them shouted, "Let's go!". Nea laughs to their antics, she looks happy whenever we are all around her.

"I'm calling Sara now." Lucas taps his phone and in a second he talks to Sara.

-----

We're all currently in an Italian restaurant since most of us wanted pizza, pasta and other things that mostly existed in an Italian restaurant. Sara is sitting next to Lucas and her housemate, Lizzy is on her other side. She's one of Sara's closest friend and she knew about me and Nea.

"Hi, I'm Lizzy. Sara's housemate slash friend slash classmates. You're Mrs. Clark aren't you?"

Nea returns Sara handshake as she eyed Sara and Me, with a confused look. Sara quickly retorts, "She's chill Nea, she won't tell anyone. Especially the crazy Adam fangirl in our house. We hated her." 

Again, Nea blinks a few times to the newfound information, "Crazy Adam fangirl?"

Sara looks at me and Nea a few times, as she says back loudly, "You didn't know?? You haven't met her??"

Lizzy covers Sara's mouth while Lucas pushes Sara back to her seat quickly. Alex and William just smile as they place our order to the waiter. 

"Surprisingly, I haven't seen her since we're back. Maybe she'd drop out." I try to recall any encounter with the specific girl.

"Nu-uh, not a chance. She's not, but I bet you she had heard about you and Nea being clingy to each other." Sara replies making Nea blushes and she drinks the water quickly as if it could cool her down.

I scoff "No, we're not. We are just always there for each other."

Lizzy and Sara laugh quite evil, "Yeah, right, the news is all over the university now. I wonder how both of you didn't catch people talking and looking at both of you. Adam and the freshman have been giddy to each other all week long."

"Anyway, I do know that Sherr is so not in a good mood this whole week. She definitely knows." Lizzy continues and I saw Nea's eyes are flickering to the news. 

I can see that Nea's distraught all night after hearing the news. I swear I wanted to smack Sara and Lizzy right now for being quite a talker, but I know it's actually my fault because I didn't tell her about it first. She probably wanted to hear it from me instead of others.

-----

After the dinner, all of us are back to the apartment except for Lucas and Will, who's currently accompany Sara and Lizzy strolling around. I thought Nea wanted to stroll around for a bit after dinner, but her tired expression clearly shown, so I suggest we go back home instead.

Nea quickly shoves away her sneakers, scarf, and beanie as she walks towards the bed. She falls on the bed, exhausted. My room is not that big like in my hometown and my bed is actually a single bed which is clearly not big enough for both of us, but it's not a problem for us. 

I lay next to her as I brush her hair that covers her face completely, "Sleepy?"

Nea nods slowly but her eyes are trying hard to open. I pushed my arms under her head and pulls her head to my chest.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Sharr. I never interested in her so I thought she's not important. In fact, I actually forgot about her." I talk as I caress her head.

"It's okay, I understand. She's not important. But I kind of distraught about the Crazy fangirl thingy." Nea mumbles slowly to my chest.

"I've never given her any wrong idea. Not before or even until now. She should understand it by now that I won't ever be interested in her."

Nea mumbles half asleep, "Girls are unpredictable. Especially the hardcore one. You should really be careful Adam. I can't afford to lose you too."

"Hey, hey, no need to worry, I'm here with you, aren't I? Now just sleep, I'll be here with you." I kiss her forehead and continue stroking her hair until she falls asleep in my arms.

She's still looking out for me instead of her own safety. What did I do to deserve her in my life? I never once expected your existence is slowly making its way into my life. I thought I could never fall for someone again, and here I'm already slowly falling for you.

-----