Telling Toby

~
I've locked myself in my room for two days now and the only time I left my room was to use the restroom and then I would go straight back to my room without talking to anybody. I was so depressed about my father's death and me moving permanently LA in five days from now, that I didn't eat anything for in those two days. Toby and the boys tried to get me out of my room, but that didn't work since I was still in my room, crying my eyes out.

Toby eventually got into my room by grabbing a large stone and smashed it through my window. Then he dragged me out of my room and made me eat some food.

"Hey Kat, I know you're depressed about your father, but after the funeral you will come back and everything will be okay," Toby comforted me. I decided to tell him my feelings for him and me leaving permanently now. I know saying both of these at the same is horrible thing to do but I have to do it.

"Toby-" I started out but Toby cut me off.

"No do not say anything. We are going out to have fun until you leave for the funeral and then when you come back we will have more fun. Go get ready and I will wait for you down here." I nodded and then I went back to my room and got ready.

Following his directions, I took a quick shower and and put on some black lingerie, and wore a blue floral top, denim shorts, and put on my black flats with a bow on top. Curled my hair and sprayed my perfume on me. I only put on mascara to bring out my dark brown eyes and because I wasn't a huge fan of make up.

I then grabbed my new phone and put it in my back pocket as I walked down the stairs.

I saw Toby sitting on the couch scrolling through his phone until he looked up at me.

"Now I like this Katelyn better than the depressed Katelyn I saw earlier. The only way to make it better is if you show me you can still smile." I didn't smile so Toby walked up to me and his two index fingers at each corner of my mouth and pushed it up, causing me to actually smile and laugh a little. "And she laughs to. All thanks to the magnificent Toby," Toby announce as I roll my eyes.

Toby smirked and pulled me outside. Toby took me to an ice cream, to the park, and then to the beach, where we just put our feet in the water and walked. The way Toby smiles at me is like a billion butterflies in my stomach. I know that its a cheesy way of saying it but its the way I feel.

Toby doesn't know this, but ever since high school started I fell in love with him, but of course I didn't want to wreck our friendship I kept it from him.

~

Soon four days have passed and I still haven't told Toby that I was leaving permanently because I don't have the heart to tell him. Every time I try telling him my heart starts clenching and I end up lying to him or a fan comes up and saves my butt.

My flight leaves at 2 AM and tomorrow and right now its 6 PM. So I only have nine hours until O leave Orlando for good, bit until then I am hanging out at the McDonough's.

Toby was out on a Starbucks run so it was only Connor, Riley, and me. And right now there was only awkward silence so I decided to tell them what I was going to tell Toby.

"Guys I have to tell you something," I started out but then Connor interrupted me.

"Is it that you like Toby? If so, then we already knew that."

"How did you guys know?"

"We see the way you look at Toby, and besides you've seen those shows where the two best friends always end up falling for each other." This time Riley was the one who spoke up. "So how come you don't tell Toby?"