Chapter One Hundred Thirty

Minutes later, everyone had calmed down and stopped fighting each other, at least momentarily. Currently, everyone had gathered around to discuss a plan, one that Tony and Y/N had already partially planned on their journey to Titan.

"Yeah, we got one advantage. He's coming to us," Y/N said aloud for everyone, though the Guardians of the Galaxy, at least the members that were present, seemed spaced out.

"We'll use it," Tony added. "All right, I have a plan. Or at least the beginnings of one. It's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need. Definitely, don't wanna dance with this guy. We just want the gauntlet."

Out of the corner of her eye, Y/N could see Drax yawning, "Are you yawning?" Y/N questioned.

Tony rolled his eyes, "In the middle of this, while I'm breaking it down? Huh? Did you hear what I said?" he asked.

Drax slowly turned his attention to the Avengers, "I stopped listening after you said, 'We need a plan'," he told them.

Tony turned to Quill, "Okay, Mr. Clean is on his own page," he concluded.

Quill disagreed, "See, 'not winging it' isn't really what they do," he told Tony and Y/N.

"Uh, what exactly is it that they do?" Peter spoke up.

Mantis turned fierce, though she still looked like an eight-week-old kitten, "Kick names, take ass," she replied.

"Yeah, that's right," Drax confirmed as he finally stood still, facing the Avengers.

Y/N sighed, running a frustrated and exhausted hand over her face. Tony rolled his eyes, his expression one of deep hopelessness.

"Alright, just get over here, please. Mr. Lord, can you get your folks to circle up?" Tony asked.

"'Mr. Lord'," Quill scoffed. "Star-Lord is fine."

Tony sighed, clearly feeling annoyed. "We gotta coalesce. 'Cause if all we come at him with is a plucky attitude-"

"Dude," Quill interrupted. "Don't call us plucky. We don't know what it means. Alright, we're optimistic, yes. I like your plan. Except it sucks, so let me do the plan, and that way it might be really good."

Y/N and Tony both rolled their eyes as Drax stepped forward. "Tell him about the dance-off to save the universe," he told Quill.

Y/N furrowed her brows, looking up at Quill, "What dance-off?" she asked.

"It's not a... it's not... it's nothing," Quill stammered.

Peter Parker then stepped forward, "Like in Footloose, the movie?" he questioned.

Quill's face brightened up, "Exactly like Footloose. Is it still the greatest movie in history?" he wondered.

"It never was," Peter informed him.

"Don't encourage this, alright?" Tony spoke to Peter.

"Okay," Peter agreed.

Y/N sighed, rubbing her temples in frustration, "We're getting no help from Flash Gordon here."

"Flash Gordon?" Quill spoke up. "By the way, that's a compliment. Don't forget, I'm half-human," Quill said as he pointed at Tony, Y/N, and Parker. "So that 50% of me that's stupid? That's 100% you."

Tony smirked, "Your math is blowing my mind," he told Quill.

"Excuse me, but... does your friend often do that?" Mantis spoke up as she pointed at Strange who was a few feet away. He was sitting, floating in the air, his mind focused.

"Strange," Tony called out. "We alright?" he asked.

Strange fell forward, out of his trance as he let out a cry. "You're back. You're alright," Tony told him.

"What was that?" Y/N asked.

Stephen had to catch his breath for a moment, "I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict," he explained.

Peter Quill grew curious, "How many did you see?"

"14,000,605."

Y/N had a worried look on her face, something that Tony noticed, "How many did we win?" she asked Strange.

Strange looked up at Y/N with worried eyes, "One," he answered plainly.

Y/N stood tall, thinking like any soldier would. She was weighing her options, she was forming a plan that would end in Thanos's defeat. Y/N took a moment for herself, taking everything in before she spoke again. "Alright, here's the plan..."

----------------

The plan Y/N had laid out was in place, everyone was in their positions as Thanos arrived on his home planet of Titan.

Currently, Y/N was sitting on the steps of an old building that was now long gone. "Oh, yeah. You're much more of a Thanos," she commented as she looked up and met the mad titan's eyes for the first time.

Thanos looked around as if he was reminiscing in a place that no longer existed. "I take it that Maw is dead. This day extracts a heavy toll. Still, he accomplished his mission," he told Y/N.

"You may regret that. He brought you face-to-face with one of the strongest Avengers," Y/N warned.

"Avenger?" Thanos questioned. "You're little team of heroes stands no chance against me...not anymore..."

Y/N remained strong, "I think that you're forgetting that even if I'm not an Avenger, I'm still one of the most powerful super soldiers the world has ever seen," she threatened.

Thanos scoffed, "Your world...please. I've seen entire universes full of more worthy opponents. I've seen oceans rise and empires fall, you are no match for me. Where do you think you are? Where do you think Maw brought you?" Thanos questioned, gesturing to the planet around him.

All around, team members were ready and waiting in their positions. Each and every one of them prepared to make their move against Thanos. They were all waiting for  Y/N's signal.

"Let me guess. Your home?" Y/N answered.

"It was," Thanos replied as he activated the Reality Stone in the Infinity Gauntlet. "And it was beautiful."

Thanos curled his gauntleted fist and activated the Reality Stone to show Y/N Titan before it was destroyed. There were green lawns, intact buildings, water-filled ponds, strolling citizens, the jack-like structures hovering and connected to the ground-based buildings with beams of energy.

"Titan was like most planets. Too many mouths, and not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution."

"Genocide," Y/N clarified.

"But at random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a madman. And what I predicted came to pass," He explained. Thanos relaxed his fist; the Stone stopped glowing and the illusion faded back into the true state of Titan.

Y/N shook her head, "Congratulations. You're a prophet," she told Thanos sarcastically.

"I'm a survivor," Thanos corrected.

"Who wants to murder trillions," Y/N reminded him.

Thanos looked down, "With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers, and they would all cease to exist. I call that...mercy," he said meeting Y/N's eyes again.

Y/N slowly stood up, "And then what?" she wondered.

"I finally rest... and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe. The hardest choices require the strongest wills..."