Chapter 2

Urban. At 12:20am. This is where it all began.

The place is mysterious. The owner of this club must have put a lot of effort in giving it a rough touch. It's kind of like a warehouse if you look at it. A little rugged and rusty outside but with a powerful grey, blue and black interior. Neon lights are beaming across the crowded room. There are about a hundred people around drinking and dancing, talking and kissing.

I'm wearing a short, maroon, haltered dress and a pair of black heels. I do not have any jewellery beside a pair of black stud earrings and a black watch. Tonight, I'm keeping my makeup to a minimum and my hair curled softly flowing down my back. All I have in my pocket is a fully-charged phone and a lip tint.

"You can have this seats, ma'am. Enjoy the night." The gay usher smiles at me. His nameplate says Mario or Marin across his chest. I can't be sure. We find ourselves taking a spot near the podium.

The DJ on the other hand, is introduced to the crowd as JCo. He is a blonde, long-haired guy around his late 20's, who is standing in the middle of the towered podium, with headphones hanging around his neck. JCo is bringing the house down with the latest upbeat music that's familiar to the crowd. It was so much fun to listen to.

"I'm going to go get us some drinks." Gabby needs to yell out in the crowd. Nessa, as well as Ellie, goes to the bar with her.

Cadie turns to talk to me the moment they leave our table. "Meyn, look... I know you're upset. But can't you at least give this night a chance? Try to relax and just have fun, ok?" I know I have to consider that one way or another since I agreed to join them in the first place. I look around the club and it's clear that everybody is definitely having a good time except for me.

Gabby, Nessa and Ellie approach our spot after a minute with shots in their hands. "Girls! Raspberry Vodka and Tequila shots for everybody! Whoooo!!"

Nessa raises her glass. "Let's make a toast." Everyone joins in and raises their shot glasses. I do too but still a little hesitant. "Here's to friendship, love and new beginnings. Cheers!"

"Cheers!" Everyone exclaims. I raise my glass halfway.

When I saw just how happy my girls were, it hit me. Enough drama, Air. Tonight should be about breaking free.

"You know what girls... you're right. I'm sorry I was a bomber earlier but I will stop beating myself up now. Tonight is a one-time thing before real life kicks in. So yeah...to a hell of a night ahead." I raise my glass and yell, "Cheers!" I figure Cadie was right. It's time to cut her some slack. Besides, I did my part. I was a good daughter. I finished college. And it's probably going to take some time before I can go out with them like this again.

"That's my girl! Cheers!" Cadie says with a bottoms-up.

"Cheers!" Everyone joins in unison.

"On the dance floor, NOW!" Gabby overly pronounces the word and pulls us out of the couch as she raises her hands and starts shaking her butt.

"One second..." The girls cannot wait to start the damage. I stay a while on our table to give my boyfriend a call, as I always do, when I'm out somewhere, anywhere besides home.

I dial his number and his phone rings. However, it just kept ringing. So it goes straight to his voicemail. I speak after the tone. "Babe, where are you? Are you busy? The girls and I are in this new club called Urban. Maybe you can drop by or something. Call me if you have time."

I did not get a call back.

Great. My mind slowly becomes cloudy with the mixed drinks I've been taking in while waiting for practically anything from him. But it didn't stop me from having another one. All the alcohol intake was probably, mostly about my frustration. In the end, I decided to go to the dance floor and join my girls.