Chapter 48

•Kevin's POV•

I'm driving eighty on the freeway with a furious woman beside me. After the first heated argument about her mother's car that brought us to the point of exhaustion, she lets out a big sigh and spanks my shoulder. "Aw! What was that for?" I was trying to concentrate on my driving while I glance at her from time to time, enjoying the devilish slash animalistic look on her face. "You know, love, I've been trying to figure out what exactly our issues are, and I can't."

"Stop the car, Kevin. I mean it." She is still mad at me for picking her up and throwing her in the car.

I push her hair back behind her ear like I didn't hear a thing. "You're dripping." I tell her.

Her cheeks blush but somehow her eyes are still mad and I am running out of sarcasm and jokes to throw at her when she complains.

"I said stop the car!" She yells at me again. I step on the brake suddenly bringing the car to yet another screeching halt. I didn't know what else to do so I kissed her. She seems utterly speechless. I guess that worked.

"What are you so mad about? You're not my girlfriend."

"You're right, I'm not. So stop kissing me!"

"Then stop yelling at me and stop hitting me." I hammer back.

"I want out of this car. Right now, Kevin. Unlock the door."

"You're not going anywhere. Not without telling me why you came over to my place."

"It was a mistake and I regret even thinking about it!"

"Oh yeah? Why? Because some random girl put herself out on me? Are you jealous?"

"I'm not jealous. Why would I be jealous? Ha!"

"You so are! Look at you! You can't even say it straight to my face." I am giggling inside.

She changes to a quiet state, maybe actually listening this time. This whole thing thrills me. My beautiful girl makes short, hateful glances at me like a kid being teased. I wonder what she's thinking. Then she calms down, suddenly forgetting why she was mad in the first place.

"Kevin..."

"Hmm?"

"Are we too young to know what we really want?"

"I guess. Why?"

Her face shifts from a grouching tiger to a sweet bunny in seconds. She locks her eyes on me, looking guilty for bitching out in the car the entire time. I momentarily wished I didn't upset her.

"Because...because I want you." She whispers. I don't know why I'm still upset about that.

"You want me. You just...want me. That's it?" I torture her again with my disappointment.

"Can't you read between the lines? Ugh! Why am I even talking to you?!" She pushes me all of a sudden and quickly hits the unlock key, making her way out of the car.

"Hey, hey, hey!" I open the door and run after to catch her. She wasn't so fast. I picked her up again so easily and hugged her so tight, she can't move.

"Let me go! Kevin! Put me down! You're such a dick!"

I was surprised to hear what she just said. We are a whirlwind running away from each other. I put her down carelessly and replied, "I'm a dick. Wow!" Half irritated and half nervous I raised my two hands and walked out on her.

The car door was almost within my reach until I heard her say... "You really want hear it, huh? Ok! I came because I wanted to see you. I missed you so damn much that I had to fight my way here with everybody. When I saw you that night? I drove as fast as I could on my way to you, practically calling all the gods out there to beg them to see you alive. You don't know how many times I have imagined about having a 'we'. I fucking hate myself for having this...uncontrollable, excessive craving towards you! It's eating me alive! But at the end of the day, when I think about you, and you have no freaking idea how much I've been thinking about you, I forgive myself for being so crazy because I knew I was happy for that pinch of a moment. That every minute of every day, since our first kiss, I cannot believe my own luck that I didn't meet you first."