Chapter 26

•Kevin's POV•

"Welcome back to Urban." I announce while opening the door for her with my good arm.

"So this is how it looks like when it's empty?" She tells me as she walks around the room, exploring it. "It's...weirdly quiet."

"That's why I work here sometimes." My eyes are following her every move. Airie touches the long table on the mini bar and slides her fingers throughout the length of it.

"Can I ask you something? That night when we first met, what happened?"

I pause to recall then clear my throat. "Someone tried to scare me off. Don't worry about it. We're safe here now." I assure her.

We continue walking and she follows me to a small private elevator at the back of the club. We reach my office just above the podium and I walk past Airie.

I will never forget this place. Standing before the glass window like this, I begin to reminisce.

"So this is your office. It's nice...and clean." She compliments my taste, obviously a bit surprised.

"What were you expecting?"

"I wasn't really expecting anything. Its' just..."

I raise my right eyebrow, waiting for her explanation.

"Fine. Maybe I was imagining it'll be a little too masculine. You know, messier. That's all." Airie grins. She inspects every part of the room and unexpectedly lifts one frame form the table. "They adore you." She picks up a photo of Chad, Zoe and me that was taken in Olvera a few months ago.

I was quiet for the most part. Airie notices my silence and stares at my direction. "What's wrong?"

"I remember being here that night. I remember standing here in this exact same spot looking at the girl with those brown curls, wearing a maroon dress. She was unique, intriguing. I remember moving closer to this window just to take a closer look at her. I haven't met her then but I knew I liked her. Then the explosion happened. I saw her running the other way. I followed her at the back door and met her there." I turn to look at Airie, she's just staring at me so I continue, "I met you and you changed the game for me." I reveal. "When I saw you walking down there, it is the moment in my life that suddenly got all completely different."

She keeps staring at me. I'm not sure what she's thinking. But she's so beautiful. I wouldn't mind telling her how flawless she is every day. It is exactly in these times that I just stop and appreciate everything about her.

•Airie's POV•

I am lost in my own mind. Listening to him telling me all about how we met, melts my heart. I run to Kevin and wrap my arms around him not wanting to remove it. It is impulsive and I know I am putting myself in a really terrible position but I did it anyway. I sink my knuckles onto his back and build a blanket for him.

"You embracing me like this, makes me want to fight and..."

I cut him off with a quick kiss.

"There's not much you can do now, love. I'm kissing you back whether you like it or not." Kevin teases.

"Kevin..." I'm so freaking distracted with the way he looks at me. I really hope he stops wetting those lips.

"Kevin what?" He asks.

"This isn't a good idea." My heart and mind are saying two different things.

"Maybe. But lucky for you, tonight is not about good ideas. Tonight is not about thinking at all. Tonight is about you and me. Please don't fight it."