Chapter 6

•Kevin's POV•

A little after the incident in Urban, my father emailed me to visit him in his office ASAP. Imagine my excitement when I barely talk to him and he finally reaches out to me. I go straight to his office just as soon as I read the email. I have never been invited in there. EVER. So I took a deep breath before knocking on his door. "You wanted to see me?"

"Sit down." He orders me but his face still drowned in his laptop.

"Is everything alright?"

Dad raises his head to look at me followed by his eyebrows. He stops whatever he is doing before I appeared in the room and then his expression I can't fathom. "You're seriously asking me that question?!" Now I know his mood is anything but happy.

Confused, I ask again. "What did I do now?"

"I trusted you for one thing! One thing and you keep disappointing me!" He startles me when he taps the table with all his might creating a loud smack sound.

"What? Is this about Urban? It wasn't my fault!" I shout back.

"Of course it's your fault!" His finger points on my face. "You have earned enemies over the years and these people keep coming back for you! They won't stop until they see you in the ground. That's what you get for being a pain in the ass."

I looked into my father's eyes and all I see are shame and hate. My efforts from the past years vanish in thin air in front of him. Despite my best intentions, despite trying tremendously to change who I was, I will never be the son he wanted.

"It was a petty prank, dad. It's not going to happen again." I try to redeem myself, weakening my voice.

"It better not." His words sounded more like a threat.

Yuri drives me back to my house. I should have never been in his office in the first place. I thought I would get some kind of support from him like a pat-in-the-back, saying he will be there if I would ever need anything. I guess I was wrong.

"Have you seen mom?" I ask Yuri, talking to him in the rearview mirror.

He answers straightforwardly, peeping in the rearview mirror for like half a second. "She's having tea with some friends, sir."

"I see. By the way, do you remember the names of her friends?" Without even specifying who 'her' means, he understands.

"I remember a Cadie Montero, sir." Yuri answers.

Wait a minute.

"Japanese for Jasmin." I whisper to myself then I google it on my phone. She probably meant Japanese word for Jasmin. The first thing that pops out on my screen is the word AIRI. Of course. Why didn't I think of it sooner? Her name must be related to AIRI somehow. Let's see.

I type in AIRI and turns out, it is the Japanese term for the word Beloved Jasmin.

I use my social media account to check if the name exists as well to a person. Search: A-I-R-I. "Damn it! There's a ton of them." I curse loud enough for Yuri to check me out from the rearview mirror again.

Airin Lesner - Chicago

Ardi Jisel Turton - Georgia, Atlanta

Ahiri Sakio - Japan

Airie Meynard Eloise - Los Angeles

Airiel Denton Michaels - Illinois

Hold on. I scroll back. No way.

"There you are." I am talking to myself and smiling like crazy. "Airie Meynard Eloise." Reading her name and saying it out loud almost seem unreal. "Never mind, I found her." My throat dries up from excitement.

How can I forget those light brown eyes? Her dark brown hair, her lips. Yuri's right. She's friends with a woman whose name is Cadie Montero and the list of the girl's names she said when I first met her. God, she's so beautiful even in her photos, it is undeniable.

No one can miss that authenticity.