Chapter 11

I am wearing a thin, white haltered tank top paired to a denim bohemian shorts and even finished the look with a few brown cuff links and beads. Well, to my defense, I didn't know that I am going to end up in a trance kind of party.

Kevin, on the other hand, sits quietly on the made-up bar in the corner. I watch him order a drink then face opposite the bartender leaning on the high table. I know he's following my every move because unconsciously, I'm staring at him too. I blush away and find my girls studying us with crazy thoughts I assume. I know they have opinions about Kevin's obvious flirty actions. I glare back, shooing away whatever thought that is. To be fair, he is the one making the move and not me. I guess I'm just guilty for appreciating the small attention.

We lock our hands as we step in the middle of the crowd. The temperature is rising since the crowd is growing in number. We can't escape from sweating a little. Furthermore, a group of hot guys approach us with free drinks to offer. And the drinks keep coming like an unlimited offer. There are four of them dancing with us. Nobody's really saying anything. Everyone's just dancing and feeling the music on the background. One guy, the tallest among them, grabs Nessa's waist and takes her someplace else. She obeys gladly. Each guy follows the first one, grabbing my girls one by one until I am left alone. I thought I'm going to fly solo but somehow I also feel a hand circling me. It's Kevin.

"You're having fun?" He yells to overpower the booming music. I nod in response. "You don't drink much, do you?"

"No." I move closer to his ear so he can hear me well. "Is it really that obvious?" I laugh a little and he did too. He wore a midnight blue polo shirt with Khahi shorts that made him so much younger up-close. I think it was the suit that aged him a bit.

"Hey, Airie..." I'm surprise he figured it out. He knows my name. He found me. "Leave all your worries behind, ok? Escape with me tonight." I smile at him and he winks back at me.

It did not occur to me that he is a natural dancer. It is easy to cope with his moves once you got into the groove. I mix dancing and alcohol so I start feeling lightheaded around him. Heat radiates between us dancing so close to each other. The slick sweat that glides down our skins, how we move in sync is fascinating. He let out a ragged, short breath and I am staring at his beautiful face smiling back at me. Our bodies almost touch that I can feel his hot breath on my cheek. He towers over me and I honestly do not want to stop.

Before I can even see straight, a sprinkler system irrigates the crowd. It's coming from the towers on each corner. We are completely soaked with cold water it shadows my white lace bra. More flashy lights struck the field and a louder rock music brought the people to a higher level of energy. It's madness all in one place.

"This is crazy!!" I say very loudly.

"Crazy won't even cover it." He chuckles at his own sarcasm. A couple of minutes later, a red-head woman advances over our direction, greets him with a kiss on his cheek and then turns to look at me. She is a stranger but obviously not to Kevin. "What's up, Hana?"

"I knew you'd be here somewhere." She pouts her lips, raises an eyebrow and studies me from head-to-foot and back. Her features say a lot about her. Sorry for judging. She just seems like a Nazi rave bitch to me with that long locks, black, tight dress and her heels.

"By the way, Hana, this is Airie. Airie, this is Hana." Good thing that Kevin's arm is still on my waist. "Hi. Nice to meet you." I say shyly without offering a hand.

"Enjoy the party." Just like that, Kevin removes us both from the site of the girl. If I were Hana, I'd be pissed since it was too obvious in her that she wanted to spend time with him. We pass over the insane crowd and head straight to the backstage. "I'm sorry about that." He blurts out sharply.

"It's fine. You guys dating? Dated?" I gulp the remaining beer in my hand while I sit tight for his answer. "She doesn't seem over you yet." My irritation over the girl is unexplainable. I try to sound calm by looking at the crowd. I don't want to assume anything but Kevin must have noticed the quick change of enthusiasm on my face.

"She'll live." He answers without hesitation. I can see that he's trying not to tease me with his smile. And because of that, his dimples are pressing and gosh, it's adorable. Kevin pulls me closer to him and fixes his eyes on me. "You see, I met a girl recently and I just can't stop thinking about her." Air escapes from my lungs at that moment. Silence grows awkwardly that I can hear my own heartbeat. Slowly but surely, he takes a step back, letting go of my waist while a muffled sound filled the cold air. He keeps gazing at me, making me a nervous sort of person and I'm completely thrown by everything unexpected with his actions. "And I've never felt like this before." He confesses.

I'm playing dumb right now if I did not think it was me. If it's not, I'm so fucked up for assuming I was. Now I can hardly utter a word in my mind without swearing.