Prologue

•Airie's POV*•

His silence and motive are both difficult to understand. Then it was happening quickly. He's drawing me near him, the fire in me lit up and it's like New Year's Eve. I crashed in his body and his hand stroked my hair. The he gently touch my lips, kissing me passionately, his tongue so strong and manipulative. I kissed him too, sucking every ounce of minty, tobacco taste he has in his mouth. We kissed again and again and I can feel his love all over me, his overflowing tenderness and protection. My mind is battling my heart but it's losing. I know I care ridiculously over this spontaneous, fucked up man with me. There is no denying it now.

"Binnie..." I said.

He interrupts, "Love, I know this is twisted. You and me. And I'll probably sound more twisted when I tell you this... I want to be with you, in any darn way possible. Airie, I have never felt this way in my whole life. I'm at your disposal."

His benevolent smile melted my heart. This guy gets me thinking about life per se upside down, inside out.

"You wanna go again?" I asked.

"No, sweetie. I don't think we should play anymore."

"I was kinda thinking about the kiss." I flirted at him.

A peck landed on my forehead as he chuckles and whispers, "Don't get me started, love. Those tight pants already make me greedy." We laughed it off instead.

Yuri got out of the Challenger and joined us with the kids. We stayed a little while longer in the court. Chad made scornful but funny jokes with Kevin and the rest of us had a blissful night together.

When Zoe began to look sluggish and tired, we all rode Wonder and started to hit the road. The street lights dancing in Kevin's window pane make our eyes heavy, pulling us all down to sleep. And with my head on his chest and his hands anchored around me, I'm at peace.