Nineteen

Yoongi's POV

     "Why don't you stay with me for a while?" Sydney asks. I choke on my pancake in reaction to what she said. She asked me to stay with her for a while? Is she being serious? I can't tell.

     I take a deep breath and drink some milk. "I-I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you correctly?" I politely ask her to repeat herself.
She chuckles and looks me in the eyes. "I said, why don't you come and stay with me for a while?"

     "That's what I thought you said.. but, why? What for?" I tilt my head and stare in her direction. This request came directly out of left field.

     Sydney sighs and looks around, "Well..." she slumps in her seat slightly. "I'm all alone here. I have a big house with nobody to share it with."

     "What about your friends? Eh could come stay with you sometimes right?"
The beautiful woman shakes her head and smiles sadly.

     "They would if I had any." She picks at her food, seeming to be disinterested in it now. "When I was in school, I moved around a lot. I went from school to school and the friends that I made there never kept in touch. So now, the only friends I have are Dina and my mom." She laughs halfheartedly.

     I can't help but watch her carefully, paying attention to every expression she makes, every move, her shoulders rising and falling with each breath she takes.

     Never have I ever met a woman so beautiful and charming and smart, that is so sad on the inside. She has it all! Money, looks, talent. But she's still so sad. I guess it's true that money can't buy happiness.

     "I can't say yes immediately... but it wouldn't hurt to stay a day or two to see how I like it." I say. As soon as the words leave my mouth, her eyes open wide.

     "Really? You will?" She straightens her posture and leans slightly towards me from across the table. "Are you sure?"

     Watching her be so excited about me staying with her makes my heart swell. "I'm sure, I promise." We both smile so big that our eyes disappear.

Sydney's POV

     "I'll be back, I never called my sister the other night to let her know I made it back home. She's probably worried sick." I made up an excuse and run to my bedroom.

     Closing the door, leaving only a crack, I pick up my phone and dial my sisters number.

     "Hello? Sydney? Where the hell have you been?! You never let me know you were safe!" My sister, Anna, yells through the receiver.

     "I'm sorry!" I whimper back and flinch. "It's a long story, but guess what?"

     "What? Did something happen?" Anna panics still.

     "Something did happen, but it's good!" I nearly jump up and down out of sheer joy. "I found a boy."

      Anna gasps and I swear I can almost feel her smile through the phone. "A boy? You found a boy?!"

     "Yes! Yes, I found a boy." I change my volume very quickly wen I realize that I've been nearly shouting. "He's great."