Ten

Yoongi's POV

     We pull up at her house and I park in her driveway. Turning off the car, I get out and run around to Sydney's side before she can even open the door by her self. "M'lady.." I open the door and hold her hand as she hops out.

     "Please excuse the mess..." I chuckle and wait for her to unlock the door. Once she gets it open, with a bit of a struggle, we walk to the kitchen.
To my shock, her house is spotless. Sydney said that there was a mess, but her home is very neat and tidy. It smells like pumpkin spice all over the place too.

     "Wow..." it's been a long time since I've been inside a house that wasn't filled with boys. The dorm that I live in is always messy and crowded and smells like feet and sweat. But this house... it's like coming home after a long time of being away.

     "You don't have to force yourself to compliment it. I know its nothing special, but it's home. And that's what matters." She says as she rummages through the fridge.

     I shake my head to focus. "No! It's amazing. My house is nothing like this.." I look around and then lay my serious looking eyes back on the girl in front of me. "It's gorgeous. And it smells amazing!" I look around to find where the smell is coming from, but to no avail.

     "I have at least one scent sprayer in every room. Two for the bathrooms and the living room." She smiles wide at me and hands me a jar of pickles. "There, have at it." She laughs and guides me to the living room.

     I take a look at the furniture and the paintings on the walls. "Jesus Fucking Christ.." I let out a gasp and run up to one of the paintings. "This is beautiful! Where did you get it?"

     "I made it. I'm a painter. Well, it's not my job, but I do it in my spare time." She sits down and takes off her shoes. "Do you want it?"

     "I could never take this painting... it's too beautiful to move from this spot..."

     "Oh, shut up and come sit down!" She laughs and pats the spot next to her. I do as I'm told. "Make yourself at home. It's just me living here so you don't have to worry about anything."

     I look around at all of her beautiful things and then look back at her. "Wait, you live here by yourself? How old are you?" I hesitate to ask, but the question needs to be answered.

     She chokes a little bit on her drink at the intrusive question. "I'm twenty. I'll be twenty one in August." She spoke proudly.

     I sigh. She's so much younger than me... I wonder if she'll think I'm some sort of creep when I tell her how old I am? "Oh wow, you're really young to have your own house and all this nice stuff." I point out.

     "Yeah, I guess. My dad died a few years ago and left me a bunch of money.This is what I do with it." She gestures around nonchalantly.
I freeze and immediately regret talking about it. She must be able to sense my regret because she puts a hand on my thigh and speaks softly. "Hey, it's okay. Don't feel bad for me. My dad wasn't a good person and we never got along. He was bad to me and to my mom. But since I'm the only child between my father and mother, I got all his money when he passed. I would've thrown it away in spite, but i figured I would put it to good use." She nods and gives me a reassuring smile.

     I reach over and hug her tightly. "I'm so sorry to hear that... I'm glad that he can't hurt you anymore." The words just fly out of my mouth without my permission.

     To my surprise, she hugs me back and takes a deep breath. "I'm glad too.." she pulls back and forces a smile. "Should we watch a movie now?"
"That's a great idea." I respond.

-

     -BOOM- I wake up with a start but don't dare to move. When I open my eyes, I let out a shaky breath. It was just the movie. 'Wait, how long have I been asleep?' I look around and don't see Sydney in the seat she was in before. 'I have never had to pee more in my life..'

     I try to stand so I can relieve myself, but something is wrapped around my waist. I look down and notice that Sydney has fallen asleep in my lap, holding onto my waist. "How did you get there, huh?" I whisper and move some hair out of her face. She grumbles cutely in response and adjusts herself closer to me. "You are seriously, the most beautiful human being that I have ever seen." I whisper again, wishing that I could say that to her where she could hear me. "I know that we just met, but I hope that we grow close over time." I continue to whisper as I pick her up gently and walk around the house with her in my arms, trying to find her bedroom.

      Finally, I find it and lay her down on her bed. I tuck her in and make sure that she's comfortable before turning to leave the room. "Yoongi?..." Sydney says, her voice full of fatigue.

     "Yeah?" I turn around and walk back to her bedside.

     "Can you stay?" She grabs my arm with her small, fragile hands. She reminds me a child sometimes.

     "Of course.." I crawl onto the bed beside her and wrap my arms around her waist gently, putting her back against my chest. "Now go back to sleep..." I whisper in her ear.

     "Okay...." she mumbles. After a few short minutes, her tiny snores fill the room.

     I don't think she'll remember asking me to stay in the morning, so I'll wait a little bit before sneaking out. I don't want Sydney to think that I tried to sleep with her or something.. Even though it would be nice...

AN: HELLOOOO!! It's Sydney here with an important announcement! Thanks for reading my crappy story ❤️😊