𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐎𝐫 𝐋𝐮𝐬𝐭

9:56pm

I sit on the right end of the couch, watching the latest episode of Star, on the large flatscreen tv.

I could hear a key being put in the door hole. Soon the door was open and calmly closed shut. Jahseh then walked into sight. He tossed his keys onto the table. "Hey babe." I say as he began going through the fridge. "Huh? —What's up bae?" He says kinda odd.

"You finally came home." I say. He had nothing planned for the day so I wasn't expecting him to come home at this time, especially that I haven't seen him since this morning.

He couldn't find anything that satisfied him, so he shut the fridge door and came and sat on the couch. I could tell he had been drinking.

Slouching on the couch he brought curiosity to me. He was awkwardly silent. Just glaring at me every two minutes. He often does that when he did something wrong, and is guilty. "What is it now Jah?"

He looked in my eyes for five seconds before looking away. "I can't tell you. You won't like what you'll hear."

Giving me anxiety, I look at him as if I was unbothered. "Just tell me."

He hiccuped and lost his focus on our conversation. I sit there waiting for him to speak.

"I went to visit my son. I was over Genenva's for a few hours. Once it got late, he fell asleep, but I stayed just to catchup with Geneva. We talked and she offered me a drink, that turned into 3 more. And you know how I get when I drink—"

"Get to the point." I say calmly.

"I made out with her...and we would've fucked if she didn't stop me." He says tugging on his blue dread. I shake my head in denial, "No. You didn't."

He began nodding his head, only breaking my heart even more. The way he explained it seemed like he did it and knew what the fuck he was doing.

"You couldn't had." I say looking in his eyes. The expression on his face didn't change. He didn't laugh nor admit that he was joking. "Oh my god, Jahseh." I say and look away disappointed.

"I'm sorry." He says putting his hand on my shoulder. "No, get off me." I say moving my shoulder so he wasn't touching me. I get up from the couch.

"I told you not to let it happen again and you went out and 'almost' fuck her." I get up and began to walk away.

"I'm being open with you. I even apologized—"

"That means nothing, we're not kids Jahseh, a 'sorry' doesn't clean up your actions."

"It wouldn't had happened if I didn't drink so much." He says standing in the middle of the room. "Don't blame it on the alcohol. You knew ahead of time how you act when you drink. So you knew what could possibly happen." I say before making my way upstairs.

"Who you think you talking to in that tone?" He ask trying to keep his focus on the steps as he followed me. In the bedroom I walk to the closet and grab my shoes and a light jacket.

"What, you leaving now?" He question. "Yes." I say walking to the door, where he decided to block my way. "Why? I told you the truth. And now you tryna leave? We can talk this out."

"No, we can't. Now move out my way Jahseh." I say with attitude in my voice.

"No, we can talk things out—" he reiterate. He was really bugging. "Please just get out of my way. You don't listen to me, so why should I listen to you? I need some space." I say looking up at him with tears in my eyes. He remained in the same position. It angered me. My hands were literally shaking.