11

I sit in the hospital holding on to Johnny's hand, waiting for him to wake up. The operation was obviously successful, so some weight was lifted off me, I couldn't stand the thought of loosing him.

"Y/n, why don't you go to the food court and eat something" Lucas suggested.

"Why don't you go ahead?"

"I'd love to go stuff my face with food but I promised Laila I wouldn't leave you until she got back"

I sigh getting ready to give in until I feel Johnny's hand squeeze mine.
"He's waking up! Go get the doctor!" I tell Lucas runs to get someone.

His eyes start to open revealing the brown iris's I fell in love with. Little by little his lids lifted, showing the whites of his eyes that we're still slightly burning red. He groans in pain, shifting under his own weight. He covers his eyes from the light of the lamp so I turn it off.

"How long have I been out?"

"Just a day. Im glad your okay. Do you need anything? Water, food, extra pillows?"

"I'm fine. The real question is: are you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Did he touch you or hurt you after he knocked me out?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Good."

"You didn't have to protect me you know"

"Yes I did. I couldn't let anything happen to you. I wouldn't be able to live with myself" he smiled at me. At that moment the doctor comes in with 2 police officers. When I didn't see Lucas I  just inferred he went  to go stuff his face. The doctor started running tests, checking his temperature, and his memory while the officers were asking questions about the incident. I told them the gust of what happened.

"Any stolen items?"

"Just things like jewelery"

"What type of jewelry?"

"My necklace, his bracelet and our wedding rings" I tell them.

"Well we'll see if we can retrieve those items from the corpse."

"No! Don't. I'll get you a new one" Johnny tells me.

"You don't have to do that. It's not what's important. You are."

"Yeah. But I don't want you to have a ring that's been in a dead man's pocket"

"But-"

"No buts."

"We'll let you two be alone. We have all the information we need." The officer says before leaving out with his partner and the doctor. The rest of the 127 members enter the room along with Lucas, Laila, Jason and Ten.

"He's okay right?" Ten asks. And I nod.

"Are you sure?" Jungwoo asks to be assured but before I answer he starts tearing up and goes over to hug Johnny, tears in his eyes.

"Come on Jungwoo, come cry outside" Yuta grabs him.

The boy is really emotional.

"Well we're going to go home now that we know he's okay, call us if anything happens" Taeyong says leaving the room.

------------

Johnny was finally able to go home after 3 days. I refused for him to do basic things including walking by himself.

"I got it. I can walk" he tries to convince me.

"No. I'm not letting go" I help him into the house and onto the sofa. He looks at me and puts his hand on my leg.

"You must have been scared"

"A little. But I'm glad you're okay now."

"Of course I'm okay. I'd never leave you. I won't even die without your permission" he tells me with so much sincerity in his voice and I lean on his shoulder.

"Promise?"

"Promise" he assured.

He leans over and lays his head on my lap.
"I love you"

"I love you too"