Chapter 26

Bradie

The rumor with Liam had gone away by now; I mean it has been 3 weeks sense that got started.

But me and Liam are friends now, not best friends but I think we are getting there.

I got up off my bed to start getting ready for another day of school. I dragged my self into my closet to pick out something to wear today. I pulled a maroon crop top that was looser and I tucked the front into my high wasted light was denim shorts. I topee it off with a long navy blue nit cardigan that had tribal designs at the bottom. I wore my tan combat boots and did my usual makeup and natural hair.

I exited my room and went to Ryan's to find he wasn't in there like he usually is when I finish getting ready. I actually didn't hear anyone in the house. I headed down our spiral staircase which was lined with black and orange balloons. When I got at the bottom I saw everyone in the kitchen; my mom, Ryan, Hayes, and even Nash. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" Everyone yelled in sync. A smile broke out on my face. Ryan was the first one to run up and hug me.

"Happy birthday," he whispers. His head was rested on mine how Hayes usually hugs me. "I love you," he added. I smile at his comment, when me and Ryan get the chance to be close; he really is a good brother.

"I love you too."

We let go of our hug and our brother sister moment.

"Happy birthday B."

I wrapped my arms around his torso, "thank you Hayes." He kissed the top of my head and I became kind of embarrassed from my family and Nash watching. But I ignored it because I love Hayes.

But good think my face was nussled in his chest that smelt of axe which smelt like heaven.

Nash came over and ruined our little moment, "group hug."

"Nash don't be that person." I said to him.

"My bad." He volleyed back. I laughed at him.

I un-gripped from Hayes, which I did not want to do, and hugged Nash. He ruffled my hair, "happy 15th."

I looked up at him and smiled "thanks."

I hugged my mom last but not least. She wasn't very tall but a little taller than me, Hayes was actually taller than her along with Nash. She started to get teary eyed and I knew the birthday speech I get every year was coming at me. "I know I haven't spent 15 years with you, but I wouldn't trade the 7 I have for anything in the world. And you and Ryan make me who I am and I love you to death. And you will always be my daughter."

"I love you too."

"And I know you hate your birthday because it's just another reminder of your biological family. But I do try the make it special for you."

"I know mom. Thank you." I finished.

"Wait you hate your birthday?" Hayes butted in.

I turned around and gave him a little annoyed look. He got the hint and shut up.

*

Hayes and I ended up walking to school. I slowly slipped behind Hayes and hopped up on his back. "Hey whatcha doin'?" His southern accent stuck out.

"Just chillin'." I answered him. My hands wrapped around his neck. His hands were supporting by my butt. I let out a little laugh.

"What?" he turned his head back to look at me.

"Oh, nothing." He playfully rolled his eyes and continued facing forward. I used one of my hands to run my fingers through his short hair. "I like your hair."