Chpater 2

My alarm blasted it obnoxious noise. I put my palm to it. When It stopped I rolled around in the bed. I picked my phone up which was now on the floor. It was 7:30 on a Saturday.

When did I set my alarm and for this early?

I put my phone back on my night stand and went back under the covers. I felt two strong hands pick me up and out from the covers. I shivered and clawed at the bed but got nothing. I went with the next best thing I knew. "Let go of me." I yelled but got muffled by a hand. I was lead out of my room and outside. My captor finally let me go. I swing on my heels and at him. It was my uncle and another man. His dirty blonde hair fell slightly in front of his bright blue eyes. I looked him up and down his arms were crossed over his chest.

"Who did this. Who woke me up and set an alarm on my phone?" I yell at them. The boy I've never seen steps forward and puts his arms in my shoulders. I shiver from his touch. He grins, "why I did." He laughs at that and looks back at my uncle. He's trying to hide his smile but is doing terrible. "Why am I up." I say in a calm voice. "Well I thought that you'd want to help with the horses so I woke you up." He smiles when he says woke me up. "Why do you think I'd want to help with animals that poop on themselves?" I start walking back to the house when the same strong arms get me and walk me to where I believe is the main barn. He sets me down inside and shuts the door behind him. "Alright I'll give you a little introduction to all the horses." He walks to a stall the horses head comes out greets him. He motions for me to come over.

"This here is Rocky. He's are best roping horse out there." He leans in and whispers, "don't tell cookie she thinks she's the best." He continues on and shows me three more horses even though there are many more. "Are there only 4 horses here?" I ask knowing it's stupid." "Well for now we have a new round up today and will get about three from that but we sell horse like crazy so they come and go you know?" "Sure." My reply is unsure. "Alright let's feed."

When we have finally finished feeding I'm sure my hair is now 50% hay! I shuffle out of the barn. The fresh air meets me and I inhale deeply. I smile at that and walk to the house.

"Oh Nicole I didn't see you when I got up and got so worried. Then your uncle wasn't around and I got more panicked." She went in for a hug which I dodged. She frowned and looked at me. "I was out in the barn with....um I didn't get his name, but I got to feed the horses and pet some!" I can't hide the smile on my face and my moms lights up with joy. "So your enjoying it here." "I never said that." We both started laughing when the party pooper came back. "Well what are we laughing about." He's big smile and pearly white teeth make me whimper. He noticed and grins. "Oh we weren't doing anything. What's your name?" "I'm Logan ugh could I borrow Nicole for awhile?" "Oh course." I pipe in, "can I change first?" "No I need you right now." "Ok then." I walk past my mom and to his hand which I deny.

"So you know we have are round up today, well I want you to come with us."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Alright chapter two is out. If you want to know what the horses look like or the characters go to my characters book I've add them in. Hope you guys enjoyed. This story has a total of 683 words.