Chapter 11

Nicole's P.O.V

Logan had come looking for me after his run. I watched him leave the arena. I hopped down from my seat and walked back to the back. I lost Logan in the crowd of people. When I couldn't find him I walked back to my seat and sat down.

"Nicole?" I turned around and found Logan walking my way. I stood up and waved at him he saw me and walked over taking a seat in the one beside me. "That was cool." I say sitting back down. "Yeah we did really good." "Where's your partner?" I ask. "She runs barrels too so she getting ready." "Barrels?" "Yeah you know there's three barrels run them in a pattern?" I looked at him dumbfounded. "Ugh just watch." He looks away and to the arena.

There were now three barrels in the arena and the announcer was announcing names. Paris was up first. The announcer announced her and she was out. She went to the right and then left and all the way up.

My face lit up. "What is this!" I look at Logan who's watching me. He grins, "it's barrel racing." I look back at the arena and see Paris is done. With a time of:

15.93

I look at Logan to see if it's a good time and he simply nods. She's at the top of the board and they continue with everyone else. She ends out in second place only to be beat by a couple of milla seconds.

"Come on I'll go introduce you to Paris." "Alright." Me and Logan make are way down to the trailer. When we get to the trailer I walk over and pet Casper.

"Nicole." Logan whispers in my ear and I turn around. Paris is standing behind me with her horse Magic. I hold my hand out, "hi I'm Nicole." She shakes my hand, "Paris and this here is Magic." She pets the horses face and smiles.

"Well how about we go and eat somewhere?" Logan ask taking Casper and loading him up. "Yeah sounds good." Paris chimes in. "Um I'll have to ask." I step away and call my mom.

"Mom?"
"Yes sweetie."
"Um Logan and his friend Paris are going out to eat can I eat with them?"
"I don't know I already have dinner made."
"Please Mom."
"......"
"Mom?"
"I guess. Do you have your card?"
"Yeah."
"Ok I'm gonna give you 20 and that's all."
"Ok thank you. Love you bye."

I hang up and walk back. "I can go!" "Great where y'all want to eat?" "There's a new burger place downtown." "I don't really want to go downtown with horses." Logan says. "Ok how about the barbecue place." "Which one." "The one out by where you live." "Oh yeah I'm ok with that." "Nicole you ok with that?" "Yeah Logan." "Ok well I'll meet y'all there." "Bye Paris." I call out. She waves and goes over to her trailer.

She seems nice.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sorry I forgot to post last Sunday!!! Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. If y'all don't know all of my characters descriptions are in a different book if you want to know what they look like!  This story has a total of 513 words.